Liveish from the Apex Nov 19-Nov 26

BeeMinor

1 hour ago, BeeMinor said:

It's been a week since we've been back and we're both fine! We both had Covid in the spring and got the latest booster in late October but otherwise we didn't take any special precautions. Hope everyone else on the sailing had an equally healthy return.

Good to know the Bees are all fine. Enjoyed your reports.

• Thanks 1

Your comment about the beach towels was interesting to me. We were on the Apex in March. On our Cozumel day, I noticed there weren’t any beach towels in our room. I looked everywhere and just assumed this was a new procedure and we would pick them up as we disembarked. I guess I should have thought to call our attendant but frankly, she wasn’t terribly friendly. We went down to leave the ship and I didn’t see any available. An officer asked what I needed and I told him. He said they should have been in our room. He asked our room number and I just assumed it was so we could sign for them. Instead our not very happy attendant showed up with them. That was awkward. 😳

12 hours ago, cinderellen said:

]An officer asked what I needed and I told him. He said they should have been in our room. He asked our room number and I just assumed it was so we could sign for them. Instead our not very happy attendant showed up with them. That was awkward. 😳

I'll bet that was the last time the attendant forgot to leave the towels.  Thanks for giving Celebrity a chance to do some remedial training - it makes it better for the rest of us.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jalves said:

I'll bet that was the last time the attendant forgot to leave the towels.  Thanks for giving Celebrity a chance to do some remedial training - it makes it better for the rest of us.  

I think the process might actually have changed. There was a note in the planners about "checking out" towels. I'm not sure exactly how anyone would go about that, but then there was another note on the disembarkation info about remembering to check them back in or being charged a $25 fee. 

BeeMajor grabbed a couple from the main pool deck while we were walking by and we took those on catamaran #2. Never "checked them out" or officially returned them, just left them in the stateroom. It's a small thing but it seemed . . . ungracious might be the word I'm looking for. 

31 minutes ago, BeeMinor said:

I think the process might actually have changed. There was a note in the planners about "checking out" towels. I'm not sure exactly how anyone would go about that, but then there was another note on the disembarkation info about remembering to check them back in or being charged a $25 fee. 

BeeMajor grabbed a couple from the main pool deck while we were walking by and we took those on catamaran #2. Never "checked them out" or officially returned them, just left them in the stateroom. It's a small thing but it seemed . . . ungracious might be the word I'm looking for. 

I had to ask our stateroom attendant for towels.  He got them to us very quickly and we left them on the balcony when we returned.