Upgrade to haven question from 2 cabins to 1

ddlb

If you cancel a cruise 63 days before sailing what 50% of your final payment do you lose?  Example everything you paid including gratuties on your beverage pkg, taxes, cruise next certificates etc. or just the cabin price?  Has anyone ever decided to upgrade to a haven for 4 after booking  2 mini suites?   This is probably not such a great idea in spite of third and fourth person “free”

Not sure what you lose, but due to lifeboat capacity, it’s not always possible to add more people to the cabin. Meaning that if the bid is awarded, it will be based on 2 people. You may not be able to add the other 2, even if you are okay with losing 50% of their other cruise fare. Plus, I believe you’d also have to pay whatever fare/taxes/fees for them are involved in the new cabin.

31 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Not sure what you lose, but due to lifeboat capacity, it’s not always possible to add more people to the cabin. Meaning that if the bid is awarded, it will be based on 2 people. You may not be able to add the other 2, even if you are okay with losing 50% of their other cruise fare. Plus, I believe you’d also have to pay whatever fare/taxes/fees for them are involved in the new cabin.

Right I priced it out and saw what I’d have to pay for 4 in a haven 2 bedroom.  But the TA told me I was in penalty, but didn’t say exactly how much it would cost to cancel one of the cabins which would add to my uograde cost.  

41 minutes ago, ddlb said:

Right I priced it out and saw what I’d have to pay for 4 in a haven 2 bedroom.  But the TA told me I was in penalty, but didn’t say exactly how much it would cost to cancel one of the cabins which would add to my uograde cost.  

This may help https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

4 hours ago, ddlb said:

If you cancel a cruise 63 days before sailing what 50% of your final payment do you lose?  Example everything you paid including gratuties on your beverage pkg, taxes, cruise next certificates etc. or just the cabin price?  Has anyone ever decided to upgrade to a haven for 4 after booking  2 mini suites?   This is probably not such a great idea in spite of third and fourth person “free”

You lose 50% of the cruise fare on the cancelled reservation (unless you have a cancel for any reason insurance policy). Port taxes, fees, anything you paid extra for are refunded,,,, eventually. You would also have to consider what free at sea perks the second pair would/would not get and have to pay cash for. 

Also, on most ships, the second bedroom is usually a sofa bed (I assume it is considered a small queen) + a pullman from the ceiling. I trust that you will be switching between the master and the sofa.  

image.thumb.png.790198ec66f3aaa4286db20cd0d939d5.png