Meraviglia Cabin 16002 vrs 15016

Kat747

Hi everyone. We will shortly be boarding the Meraviglia and have the opportunity of changing our YC cabin from 15016 to 16002. I can’t find any pictures or reviews of 16002  and just wondered if anyone has stayed in it and has any pictures or advice?Good or bad? . I see it is on the same floor as YC concierge/ Topsail Lounge which itself seems a bonus but as we are new to MSC we are just a little unsure of whether to just stay where we are on deck 15. Thanks so much for any help or advice x

Cabins on deck 15 are perfectly fine.. 15016 is in a good location.

16002 is the first cabin next to Top Sail Lounge.

Cabins 16001, 16002, 18001 & 18002 are usually the last to book due to close location to Top Sail Lounge or YC Restaurant.

YC decks 15,16,18 and 19 are connected by elevator and stairs.. convenient to reach everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I stayed in 16004 twice and had friends staying in 16002 on the second sailing (not B2B). The first sailing, while pulling into port and standing at the balcony rail of 16004, I discovered that my neighbor in 16002 had a slight angle on the forward corner of his balcony which allowed him a perfect forward view without having to lean out and look to his left. Small thing that I would not switch cabins for, but I thought that was pretty neat. When my friends booked that cabin on my second trip, I got a chance to check it out. The chamfered corner takes away a tiny bit of space on the balcony, but still cool. I found the 16002/16004 location near the Top Sail lounge a benefit because the staff had no issues with us using the side door to come and go from the lounge. All starboard YC cabins have a great view of Ocean Cay. I also stayed in 18019 and prefer being on deck 18 because you’re one deck from the lounge and one from the pool area. 

Meraviglia Balcony.jpg

Edited by orangemini
Edit: Tried to load a photo.

Just wanted to provide an update since we are staying in Cabin 16002 this week. For us the location is perfect and we wouldn’t hesitate booking this again. We were originally in 18006 but switched when something became available on 16 since we really like being on the same floor as the lounge. 

The room is very quiet. You will not hear any noise from TopSail lounge. There is no noise from above as it sits just under the corner of the restaurant. The door at the end of the hallway is a convenient way in and out of the lounge. 

I'm not sure why anyone would feel this is an undesirable cabin but we have zero complaints. I am a light sleeper and have not had one problem.