I am shocked at the prices for cruises in 2023!

oldmom

5 hours ago, jaygatsby27 said:

september out of new york is dirt cheap.  consider other options, maybe?

Right on spot, Sept 3, 2023,  Bayonne, Oasis, search cruise sites: $1050 inside cabin GTY for two. Parking and gratuities takes it to about $1400. About $200 per night all inclusive for one cabin, two persons.

As @jaygatsby27 stated, "...consider other options, maybe?"

Edited by Engineroom Snipe
wrong year, back to the future.

At the moment, the cheapest 2023 3 night weekend sailing out of PC in an interior is going to run you $700-$800 with a beverage package “sale” of $77.99pp++. Total out the door price is about double what it was a few years ago. And the sailings are at capacity. It has nothing to do with inflation. As long as people are willing to pay these prices, it will continue.

I feel ya OP.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

At the moment, the cheapest 2023 3 night weekend sailing out of PC in an interior is going to run you $700-$800 with a beverage package “sale” of $77.99pp++. Total out the door price is about double what it was a few years ago. And the sailings are at capacity. It has nothing to do with inflation. As long as people are willing to pay these prices, it will continue.

I feel ya OP.

I should have clarified that my total which I called inclusive did not include any drink or dining package other than would be included in basic fare. I do not purchase beverage or dining packages. My price included basic fare, taxes, port fees, gratuities, and parking.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:45 PM, oldmom said:

Guess I have not been paying attention to this. We normally cruise once a year or every other year or so on RCCL. We are Diamond- finally in 2019. I have been able to get a balcony room for 7 nights on an Oasis ship at a "great price" , for years now. We go off season-early December -early May, etc. We got a great price in May 2022 ( also tested positive for COVID 2 days after) on Harmony. We have been busy with a family member passing away and having to pack up their house and all the stuff that goes along with that. SO-finally started looking for cruises for 2023.WOW! The "great price" is at least $1000-$1500 more than I have ever paid for the cheapest sailing week!! I knew inflation was bad-but I did not expect this much an increase from 2022. These are for 7 day cruises on an Oasis ships. I know the other ships are cheaper-but ? Wondering if this price will continue? We have done interiors to save money before-but these are pricey also now. Just sort of bummed.

There are other cruise lines that offer lower prices than RCI. As much as I like RCI, I would go in another direction if it got to the point that their cruise fares stretched my budget. Fortunately I still find RCI cruise very affordable, especially compared to Celebrity, which I cruise on several times per year. 

3 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Right on spot, Sept 3, 2023,  Bayonne, Oasis, search cruise sites: $1050 inside cabin GTY for two. Parking and gratuities takes it to about $1400. About $200 per night all inclusive for one cabin, two persons.

As @jaygatsby27 stated, "...consider other options, maybe?"

For under $1400 you can get a midship balcony cabin, refundable rate on Anthem in November and December with a D+ discount. 

• Like 1

All depends, it varies. Two months backed  booked a seven nighter out of Cape Liberty to Bahamas on the Oasis for Oct. 2023. Yes it's an inside room for two (hoping for a Royal Up bid). But the cost was $975 for everything and I'm getting $150 onboard credit through my TA.  So $825 total.  I am Diamond so that may have helped a bit and it's hurricane season but I'm certainly not complaining. A little over $400 per person. And that's out of NY.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nferr said:

All depends, it varies. Two months backed  booked a seven nighter out of Cape Liberty to Bahamas on the Oasis for Oct. 2023. Yes it's an inside room for two (hoping for a Royal Up bid). But the cost was $975 for everything and I'm getting $150 onboard credit through my TA.  So $825 total.  I am Diamond so that may have helped a bit and it's hurricane season but I'm certainly not complaining. A little over $400 per person. And that's out of NY.

I was able to do an identical cruise on September 11th, this year for the exact price you quoted. I was not able to duplicate it for 2023. Good job in ferreting-out the awesome deal. 😊

Question for those who price match with RCCL. How often do you check for lower prices on RCCL site? I booked for next thanksgiving so have until august to find a lower advertised price. Wondering if those who also shop a lower price after booking are on the site weekly comparing prices or do they not change that often….

54 minutes ago, gizbug said:

Question for those who price match with RCCL. How often do you check for lower prices on RCCL site? I booked for next thanksgiving so have until august to find a lower advertised price. Wondering if those who also shop a lower price after booking are on the site weekly comparing prices or do they not change that often….

I check daily on many sites to include RCI. Sometimes there are just a few days when you find something lower and I contact my TA immediately. My TA appreciates this because their time is limited and they know I do not waste their time. In most cases, I get an immediate response that it is a better deal and they book it or explain to me why I should not proceed. Take control of your money and vacation and treat your TA as an advocate instead of an advisor. I always let them know that when they save me money, it will come back to them with another cruise booking. I went from two bookings to three due to the savings they helped me with.

• Like 1