Question regarding disembarkation time

Astride

The itinerary for my cruise shows a disembarkation time in Vancouver of 7:00 am. Since my flight home has been moved to an earlier time slot, I'm no longer sure if I can make it in time to YVR for a 9:40 am flight departure time. Does anyone know what is the earliest time I can leave the ship if the expected disembarkation time is 7:00 am? I've been on many Seabourn cruises but never had to leave the ship early to make a flight. Your input would be most appreciated.

1 hour ago, Astride said:

The itinerary for my cruise shows a disembarkation time in Vancouver of 7:00 am. Since my flight home has been moved to an earlier time slot, I'm no longer sure if I can make it in time to YVR for a 9:40 am flight departure time. Does anyone know what is the earliest time I can leave the ship if the expected disembarkation time is 7:00 am? I've been on many Seabourn cruises but never had to leave the ship early to make a flight. Your input would be most appreciated.

No way

7am is the likely arrival time

ship has to be cleared and luggage offloaded

though, if you are disembarking early, you usually keep your luggage and take it with you

When we disembarked in Vancouver in Mid-August, a few people got off around 8:30 before there was a glitch and no more people got off until 9am.  Traffic was heavy and it took 30 minutes to reach the airport ( but we were staying the night at the airport hotel for that very concern).  

4 hours ago, Astride said:

Your input would be most appreciated.

I have to agree with LMB01 sadly. 

We disembarked in Vancouver in 2017 and I distinctly remember it being one of the slowest ports organisation wise and that was due to the the Port Authorities not Seabourn. I remember standing with others waiting for bags to be brought out and three guys would push one large baggage trolley loaded with bags while others stood waiting with smaller trolleys obviously hoping someone would employ them to take bags out to transport, so they could get a tip.  I was worried because we had a late morning tour booked and was concerned we would miss it.

After this experience I am wary of Vancouver Port but loved the city.

12 hours ago, LMB01 said:

No way

7am is the likely arrival time

ship has to be cleared and luggage offloaded

though, if you are disembarking early, you usually keep your luggage and take it with you

When we disembarked in Vancouver in Mid-August, a few people got off around 8:30 before there was a glitch and no more people got off until 9am.  Traffic was heavy and it took 30 minutes to reach the airport ( but we were staying the night at the airport hotel for that very concern).  

Thank you. Your input has been helpful.

9 hours ago, frantic36 said:

I have to agree with LMB01 sadly. 

We disembarked in Vancouver in 2017 and I distinctly remember it being one of the slowest ports organisation wise and that was due to the the Port Authorities not Seabourn. I remember standing with others waiting for bags to be brought out and three guys would push one large baggage trolley loaded with bags while others stood waiting with smaller trolleys obviously hoping someone would employ them to take bags out to transport, so they could get a tip.  I was worried because we had a late morning tour booked and was concerned we would miss it.

After this experience I am wary of Vancouver Port but loved the city.

Thank you. I will try to get a later flight on another airline.

56 minutes ago, Astride said:

Thank you. I will try to get a later flight on another airline.

For most airlines, if they changed the timing of your flight, you can change to another flight with no change fee. I am more familiar with Air Canada. For AC, you can do it directly on their web page, as long as you have not yet officially accepted the proposed change. AC has several non-stop flights between YVR and YUL, and mnay 1-stop ones. Also, they often change the timing of their flights again closer to the date of the flight (1 to 3 months beforehand), and you have another window to change flights.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:43 PM, CalmSea said:

For most airlines, if they changed the timing of your flight, you can change to another flight with no change fee. I am more familiar with Air Canada. For AC, you can do it directly on their web page, as long as you have not yet officially accepted the proposed change. AC has several non-stop flights between YVR and YUL, and mnay 1-stop ones. Also, they often change the timing of their flights again closer to the date of the flight (1 to 3 months beforehand), and you have another window to change flights.

Unfortunately CalmSea I booked my return flight to Montreal with Air Transat. Never again! They refused to reimburse me & their next flight was 2 days later. The cost of 2 nights' accommodation in Vancouver with meals & transportation thrown in would probably exceed the cost of my premium economy flight. I was told that my flight required a 6 hour change in  departure time in order for me to qualify for a refund. This is not the first time that Air Transat has behaved unethically with me. At the start of the Covid pandemic, I booked a flight to Rome with them for a Seabourn cruise. The cruise was cancelled. So was the Air Transat flight. But Air Transat charged me a $300 cancellation fee. Reliable old Seabourn came to my rescue & refunded me the cancellation fee. My advice to all my Seabourn friends is to stay away from Air Transat.

I will book my return flight with Air Canada. Btw, I contacted the Canada Passenger Agency & I was told that moving up a flight departure time is equivalent to a flight cancellation & a refund is in order. I was told to file a complaint after I have attempted to resolve the issue with Air Transat. The problem is that AT puts you on hold for hours. When an agent finally took my call, she transferred me to another agent & I was put on hold again for another couple of hours until I threw in the towel.

4 hours ago, Astride said:

I will book my return flight with Air Canada. Btw, I contacted the Canada Passenger Agency & I was told that moving up a flight departure time is equivalent to a flight cancellation & a refund is in order. I was told to file a complaint after I have attempted to resolve the issue with Air Transat. The problem is that AT puts you on hold for hours. When an agent finally took my call, she transferred me to another agent & I was put on hold again for another couple of hours until I threw in the towel.

Try certified mail or whatever it is in Canada. Return Receipt so someone signs for the mail. 🙂