Question regarding coffee service on the Mardi Gras?

markntara

Hi to all past Mardi Gras cruisers,

Regarding coffee on board Mardi Gras, besides the dinning room and lido buffet, I understand it is also available at JavaBlue, Havana Bar and Bar Della Rosa.

Are there other options, and do you mind sharing your personal take on any of these places?   

• How do you rate your experience.
  • Hours they are open
  • Time of day to go or avoid
  • Menu or types of coffee they serve
  • Prices

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.
Cheers!
M&T

not a big help here on hours, but i love going to Java Blue in the morning.  im not usually out and about until 730-800am but they're open.  im sure someone will know for sure.  

i get an iced coffee americano and a hot latte . i know they have drinks where you can add kahlua, bailey's, irish whiskey.  

2 hours ago, markntara said:

JavaBlue, Havana Bar and Bar Della Rosa

All of these locations, as well as the Lobby Bar I think, use the same type of espresso machine to make your specialty coffees.  I think all of them can do the exact same range of coffee-based and tea drinks.

As for hours of operation - we sleep in, and are rarely awake before 8am, when I go get coffees for both of us to enjoy in the cabin.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Lines are always shorter at Bar Della Rosa than Java Blue. 

Yup: We almost always got our coffees from Bar Della Rosa because the line in the morning was non-existent (because most pax are thinking it's "just a bar") vs the much longer line at Java Blue.

Havana Bar and Bar Della Rose have great coffee.  Last year there was a ship's coffee urn (Lavvazza?) near the java Blue for those who didn't want the specialty stuff.  Not sure if that's still around, but definitely no waiting as most people don't see it.