Dining reservations for 8 folks

StarAFire

Hi,

Was just curious, its 125 days until sailing and dining reservations just opened.  I need to make specialty dining reservations for party of 8.  But online says only 9PM slot is available in all the restaurants.  Is this something I or my TA need to call in to make?  Or is it they can't handle until 9PM?  Asking as we have 2 toddlers, so their bedtime is at 8PM already.

Thanks

It is normal that speciality restaurants on NCL usually don't have large tables available online before 09.00 PM, so you (or the TA) could just contact NCL to book 2 tables for four and then contact the restaurant(s) in question when on board, to "re-arrange" the tables together the way you prefer. As it is not possible for one person to book the same restaurant twice online in advance - I guess because they want to "spread out" reservations so that not "all tables go to the same person"... It is still just a certain percentage of the restaurant seats that are available for pre-booking anyway.

There are tables for 8 in some of the venues (may depend on the ship and venue, you don't say which of either you're booking), no "putting together" of tables to make them.  It's possible someone with a higher status than you or booked in a Haven cabin already made the reservation at a more preferred time.  NCL also only opens a portion of the tables for pre-cruise reservation, make your way to the dining reservations table/location when you get on board and see about making the reservation you need.

It was for specialty restaurant like Le Bistro and Teppanyaki.  I just called NCL.  They said no availability for 8 earlier then 9PM.  And also, they cannot make me 2 reservations with only 4 per table, as one would overwrite the next one.