Willdra's Visual Carnival Vista Oct. 15-22 Review

willdra

21 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Wildra !  I was so pleased to see that you are posting about your Vista cruise.

l have been checking the Carnival board for your words about your latest sea adventure as you mentioned in your last review that you would be writing about the Vista cruise.

Looking forward to reading more of your review.

Tonight, I will send up a prayer for you and W because you bring a.lot of light to a lot of people .

MJ🙋🏻

Thanks for the prayers and hanging out with us! 😍😍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey there my sister from another mother! You know that we're along for the ride! You're off to a great start as usual, and we're looking forward to our virtual cruise on the Vista! 😎

Now it's a party!! Welcome aboard fam!!! 🥰😍😍

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, audcc77 said:

Yay!  Although I have absolutely no plans on sailing on the Vista, I’m along for the read!  I love your wonderful reviews.  

Thanks for taking this virtual Vista cruise with us! ❤️

2 hours ago, josieallen said:

Yasssssssss. So excited. I love it when y’all cruise cause I love reading your reviews. Thanks so much 

Thanks for the support!! I show these posts to W when I'm trying to convince him that we NEED to take another cruise. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dmet0225 said:

If I thought my work productivity would suffer while reading reviews by Greg, Sid and Megan simultaneously, the level of inactivity at work would plummet to new lows with Wildra’s addition.  Always great stuff.

This is one of the best compliments ever! Not only am I mentioned with the Cruise Review Allstars, but I'm also a work distraction! I really hope I'm not dreaming this! 😅😅❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, mkcurran said:

With another great review just getting started, there is now no hope for productivity in the near future. 

Thank you Willdra for bringing your party to us.

Thanks for joining us! 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

My heart is racing just reading this! I never thought I would be, but am now in fact, a get to the airport way earlier than necessary type of person cause I just can't take the stress anymore! 

Off to a great start (for us reading it anyway)! Can't wait to read more! Love your reviews! 

LOL, it was a crazy day! I agree the stress of getting to the airport is so underrated. Even with the best of plans, anything can go wrong. It's best to get there too early than too late! 😄

• Like 1

Houston We Have A Problem

This was one of those rare days when I didn’t have an agenda. We were keeping it simple. Wake up. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

No alarms (mental or physical) were set. Human nature would be our guide. I think we got up around 9:30. When I was confident that my life was mostly gathered together, we left to find food. I found a restaurant called Homestead that I wanted to try. It was a little drive away, but what else were we doing? Absolutely nothing.

It took us about 15 minutes to get there with traffic. The restaurant is located in M-K-T, a new outdoor shopping area in The Heights. I loved the vibe. It was upscale and trendy feeling but not outrageous.

There was no wait to be seated. We also had our choice of inside or outside. We chose outside. W ordered coffee and I got lemonade. Both drinks were delish. For food W got the Skillet Breakfast Hash, and I got drumroll…….Chicken and Waffle. I wasn’t adventurous at all. I actually wanted to compare the same dish at different restaurants to see which one I liked better. When the food came out, W misunderstood what the server was saying and sent him away. Then he came back and W was like oh yeah that’s what I ordered. The server gave us a smirk that said “I hate it here”, and I nodded which said “Sorry, he’s new”.

Our food was excellent. I preferred the Chicken and Waffle from Harry’s but Homestead was an easy second. Harry’s uses boneless thighs which keeps the meat juicy. Homestead uses breast meat which can taste like sawdust and sand when it gets too dry. This wasn’t quite that, but 1 more minute and it would've been Sahara City. We didn’t linger too long.  We filled up then paid and dipped out.

IMG_2762-338x450.jpg

IMG_2747-338x450.jpg

IMG_2752-338x450.jpg

IMG_2753-338x450.jpg

IMG_2757-338x450.jpg

IMG_2746-338x450.jpg

IMG_2742-338x450.jpg

IMG_2739-338x450.jpg

• Like 11

While we were sitting there, I asked W what he wanted to do before we met up with the fam again. He said that he wanted to go to Space Center Houston. I made the reservations online, which would speed up entry once we got there. We had to make a quick pit stop first at Target tho. I placed an order for pick up the night before, and I'd gotten the notification that it was ready. There was a couple more items that I needed, so we went into the store to get those first. W went and stood in the online order pickup line when I was almost done. When I got over there, we waited maybe 6-7 minutes. When it was our turn Ty scanned my barcode then said he had to go to electronics to get my order. Mkay. We stood there like Powerless Power Rangers for a few minutes. This was when I realized why this process was so freakin long. They didn't have the order there waiting like they do at our local Target. Somebody had to go get it. Unusual. I really coulda done that myself, especially since this was saving zero time. It’s actually impeding progress. W suddenly looked up and said, “he had to go outside to get it?” Sure enough Ty comes walking back thru the front door of the store holding my bag. When he gets to us, he says, “Did you get the notice that one of your items was canceled?”. Pardon? “Yeah, the chord was canceled, we only had the empty box back there”. I checked the app and nothing. I also noticed that I was charged for both items. He said, "You will get the refund notice shortly". I opened my mouth to tell Ty what I thought of this whole experience, but since I didn’t desire to leave in handcuffs, I shut my mouth, thanked him, then left. When I got in the car I checked again, and the notice was there. I almost got angry (and possibly arrested) for nothing.

This caused us to detour. Since I didn’t get my whole Target order, I needed to go back to the hotel room to get a power chord. W pulled into the hotel driveway, and I jumped out. That hotel had some kind of smell machine blowing flowery scented air everywhere. It always smelled really good in the lobby. I need to get one of whatever that was. I am obsessed with sweet smelling rooms.

Living with W has made me a warrior of unwanted scents. I am in constant battle with some sort of bad odor. Sometimes I win, sometimes I retreat. 

IMG_2765-338x450.jpg

IMG_2769-600x450.jpg

IMG_2771-600x450.jpg

IMG_2776-600x450.jpg

IMG_2781-600x450.jpg

• Like 5

It took us about 45 minutes to get to the Space Center. I’ll admit I wasn’t extra excited when W suggested it. I just went along cuz I didn’t have another plan. I made notes and talked to y’all the whole ride. When we got there, they took our pictures first then we scanned our tickets to get in. There were maps and info at a little station at the entrance. That was very helpful. There was also a staff member answering questions and providing directions. We found out that we were too late for one of the free tram rides that we didn’t know about, so that was a little disappointing. There was plenty of other stuff to do tho.

IMG_2785-600x450.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't fully understand where we were going until we got there. When W said let's go to Space Center Houston, I heard "Let's go to a boring museum about space". I didn't have a clue. Read: I booked the tickets online, but still didn’t get it. Looking around at the entrance, it slowly dawned on me that we were at THE HOUSTON SPACE CENTER! Once my feeble brain made the connection, I was in awe and angry (that we wasted so much of the day instead of going there first) at the same time. My inner nerd was ecstatic to see all of the exhibits, models, and info on NASA. It was a lot y’all. There were movies, demos, replicas, and some of the actual equipment to explore. My favorites were going into the Independence Space Shuttle and the 747 that carried it, and the Artemis presentation that we attended. That was wonderful, and provided intel on current and future events. Looking at videos and film of the launch after we got home, was so much cooler after hearing and seeing so much detail about it.

IMG_2787-338x450.jpg

IMG_2790-600x450.jpg

IMG_2794-338x450.jpg

IMG_2799-600x450.jpg

IMG_2800-338x450.jpg

IMG_2801-338x450.jpg

• Like 6