Cabo Wabo

trj1020

My husband and I are cruising to Cabo San Lucas and would like to visit Cabo Wabo while we are there.  Two questions we have are, 1) What is the best way to get to Cabo Wabo (and is it safe to walk), and 2) Should we bring cash, pesos, or use our card?

Thanks!

Once you get off the tender provided by your cruiseline just walk into town..very quick and easy to do.

Walking in this tourist area is very safe. Personally I would use cash....everywhere takes USD in the Mexican Riviera.

FYI...Cabo Wabo can be very crowded with tourist's...been there and done that many years ago as we have cruised to this port many times over the years and as recently as January & October. We'll be there again in January 2023. Lot's of better options there than Cabo Wabo but enjoy your first visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Walking around near Cabo Wabo & the Giggling Marlin there are a few outdoor dining spots. One we recently ate at was near a round outdoor bar...sorry I can't remember the exact name. Also one very popular spot for good food/drinks is along the pier area called Solomon's Landing.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:40 PM, Ashland said:

Walking around near Cabo Wabo & the Giggling Marlin there are a few outdoor dining spots. One we recently ate at was near a round outdoor bar...sorry I can't remember the exact name. Also one very popular spot for good food/drinks is along the pier area called Solomon's Landing.

If it's the spot I am thinking of it is called Cabo Blue Bar and there are little shops around it on three sides. I usually stop for a beer while my wife shops and then we go (almost) next door to Happy Endings which is our favorite bar in Cabo. The food is pretty good too.

I also recommend the Giggling Marlin to get hung upside down and take a shot if you're feeling frisky...and it's a great photo op!

3 hours ago, RizzleBizzle said:

If it's the spot I am thinking of it is called Cabo Blue Bar and there are little shops around it on three sides. I usually stop for a beer while my wife shops and then we go (almost) next door to Happy Endings which is our favorite bar in Cabo. The food is pretty good too.

I also recommend the Giggling Marlin to get hung upside down and take a shot if you're feeling frisky...and it's a great photo op!

You're probably right...We ate at the little outdoor spot directly across from the bar and noticed many people were also ordering food to eat at the bar too. 

Thanks for suggesting Happy Endings we'll check it out in January.

Giggling Marlin...Yes, when we've sailed a few times with extended family they enjoyed the fun there.

• 4 weeks later...

Cabo Wabo is a complete tourist trap. So what, I still like it. It is fun. I also like El Squid Roe, the Giggling Marlin, Los Barriles and the Chubby Noodle.

Pretty much MOST of the area around the marina is going to be full of "tourist traps", but that is okay. If you want to dive into Cabo for authentic and great local spots, come back to Cabo for a week sometime.

PS I THINK theosprey means "Tequila Town", not "Tequiland" which is a liquor store, not a bar or restaurant.

35 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

Well it shows up as Tequiland on my credit card. And I don’t know of any bar that gives free samples. 

The OP is asking about a restaurant, Cabo Wabo. I think they should understand that Tequila Town isn't a restaurant.