Are soda packages worth the cost?

Tntt

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

The majority of cruisers aren't too health conscious, a quick glance proves it. Besides, there's always Metformin and Insulin right? 😉

I have two friends that drank about 6 or 8 diet cokes a day and both had acid reflux.

• Like 1

Isn't getting an wine ice bucket an option?   If the room merely has a cooler, then ask the room steward to keep the bucket with ice and then always have a can or two in the bucket.  

I love those freestyle machines.   We've booked Voyager and it doesn't have one.  We'll have two teenage girls and even though my daughter doesn't like soda (yeah) we'll buy the soda package for both.  I don't want soda to be the forbidden fruit and the other girl occasionally drinks soda.  

30 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Isn't getting an wine ice bucket an option?   

I don't know if it's an issue or not.  However, I'd just ask for an ice bucket, don't tell the steward why.  If asked, I'd tell him/her for my medication that has to be keep cool and I don't think the cooler is cool enough.  Or, just tell him/her it's for sodas and make sure you put one or two in it.  

49 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Isn't getting an wine ice bucket an option?   If the room merely has a cooler, then ask the room steward to keep the bucket with ice and then always have a can or two in the bucket.  

I love those freestyle machines.   We've booked Voyager and it doesn't have one.  We'll have two teenage girls and even though my daughter doesn't like soda (yeah) we'll buy the soda package for both.  I don't want soda to be the forbidden fruit and the other girl occasionally drinks soda.  

Yes, you can ask for a wine ice bucket, no explanation needed at all.  As far as the coolers in the cabins vs refrigerators, the older ships have coolers that like little door refrigerators but they are not as cold as a real refrigerator.  Many just request ice and put the ice bucket in the refrig to keep it colder.  A wine bucket will be too big to fit in though.  The newer ships have much better refrigerators that keep things cold.  We have had something ice up too because they are so cold, so be careful what you place where.

As far as the soda package, if the girls don't drink soda or only occasionally, you might just want to have them buy a can when they want one.  If there were freestyle machines, they would have had lots of non soda options but with no freestyles there are really limited soda options.  There are lots of free drink options for them if they aren't soda drinkers.

Currently on board the Symphony and there is definitely not the selection there used to be in the Freestyle machines.  Flavored iced teas don't show up at all.  The flavored Dasani still water has shown up as unavailable on every machine I've tried.  The sparkling version only has plain and lemon.  They have had the flavored Powerade (both regular and zero calorie), but today they were out of that at the Park Cafe.  I'll try the buffet later.  They do still have lemonade and sodas.  I really miss the flavored water and iced tea.  

2 hours ago, rebeccac said:

Currently on board the Symphony and there is definitely not the selection there used to be in the Freestyle machines.  Flavored iced teas don't show up at all.  The flavored Dasani still water has shown up as unavailable on every machine I've tried.  The sparkling version only has plain and lemon.  They have had the flavored Powerade (both regular and zero calorie), but today they were out of that at the Park Cafe.  I'll try the buffet later.  They do still have lemonade and sodas.  I really miss the flavored water and iced tea.  

I wonder if you can get some of your money back?  

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I wonder if you can get some of your money back?  

If they go to guest services and tell them everything they drink is unavailable in the machines and they would like a refund, they would likely get one for the remaining days of the cruise.  They would not be offered anything for a few missing choices.

• Like 1

I wasn't saying there was nothing I liked to drink, it's just my very favorite things aren't there.  And the Powerade was available at the buffet.  My substitute for the Dasani flavored waters has been the flavored Powerade zero.  I like combining raspberry and lemon.  And I could always switch to the low cal lemonade as well.  I think it would be hard to find nothing you could drink, just might not be your first choice.  I definitely will not be asking for a refund.