Britannia Club Questions - First Cunard Cruise

Selbourne

19 hours ago, Selbourne said:

In Queen and Princes Grill there are quite a few cabin grades, but with Britannia Club there are just two. We are in the highest, but I doubt it makes any difference!

Passengers in A1 staterooms have their allocated table in the larger BC dining area., passengers in A2 in the smaller BC dining area. There's no difference in the dining arrangements though. (I prefer the A2 staterooms on Deck 13 that were added in the 2016 refit. Much nicer bathrooms with a glass fronted shower.)

10 minutes ago, EasternMarket said:

Passengers in A1 staterooms have their allocated table in the larger BC dining area., passengers in A2 in the smaller BC dining area. There's no difference in the dining arrangements though. (I prefer the A2 staterooms on Deck 13 that were added in the 2016 refit. Much nicer bathrooms with a glass fronted shower.)

Thanks. We are A1 but it’s Queen Anne which will probably be different? I’m told that on QM2 Britannia Club is just a section of the main Britannia restaurant, whereas on Queen Anne (and possibly the other ships?) it’s a separate restaurant. 

9 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Thanks. We are A1 but it’s Queen Anne which will probably be different? I’m told that on QM2 Britannia Club is just a section of the main Britannia restaurant, whereas on Queen Anne (and possibly the other ships?) it’s a separate restaurant. 

QA BC restaurant is much larger as they've supposedly increased BC cabins by 200% over other ships. A large room now, right near the central atrium (red below). Blue area is half the Britannia restaurant. (Those tables across the stern in Britannia restaurant must be pretty cool)

QV is supposed to be the nicest BC restaurant (so far...)

Brochure this morning in post said they've enhanced BC with a better menu (theatrical tableside presentation) + coffee machine and water in room + priority embarkation + disembarkation. That makes for getting on for maybe 40% who have priority of some sort though, so a sliding scale of benefit obviously

image.thumb.png.0f09a572ce4bbc6421841136c674985b.png

Edited by buchanan101

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

In QG on QM2 recently a lot of flambe-ing went on some way from tables. I was in an area that seemed to be for lots of first time cruisers so was generally tables for 2 quite squashed in. Good for talking to neighbours* but not quite what you expect in a top notch restaurant.

(*was visiting Katz diner in New York - yes, the one with THAT scene from When Harry Met Sally - and in walks the Swiss guy who'd been on the adjacent table in QM2 to say "hi". He'd seen me through the window - what are the chances of that in all of Manhattan...)

PG had plenty space over QG. The way it's designed.  I was surprised with QG and it's space. All Flambes were quite quite close to passenger tables. They were careful in the positioning for the smoke detectors also. But passengers got to see their dishes prepped.

1 hour ago, EasternMarket said:

On our sailing on QM2 dining room assignment didn't matter which side Deck 12 vs Deck 13 on our sailing.

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

BC dining vs Britannia is divided by a Wall Partion on QM2...

2 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

In QG on QM2 recently a lot of flambe-ing went on some way from tables. I was in an area that seemed to be for lots of first time cruisers so was generally tables for 2 quite squashed in. Good for talking to neighbours* but not quite what you expect in a top notch restaurant.

(*was visiting Katz diner in New York - yes, the one with THAT scene from When Harry Met Sally - and in walks the Swiss guy who'd been on the adjacent table in QM2 to say "hi". He'd seen me through the window - what are the chances of that in all of Manhattan...)

Well, in a movie it would be inevitable. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

QA BC restaurant is much larger as they've supposedly increased BC cabins by 200% over other ships. A large room now, right near the central atrium (red below). Blue area is half the Britannia restaurant. (Those tables across the stern in Britannia restaurant must be pretty cool)

QV is supposed to be the nicest BC restaurant (so far...)

Brochure this morning in post said they've enhanced BC with a better menu (theatrical tableside presentation) + coffee machine and water in room + priority embarkation + disembarkation. That makes for getting on for maybe 40% who have priority of some sort though, so a sliding scale of benefit obviously

image.thumb.png.0f09a572ce4bbc6421841136c674985b.png

Yes I’ve seen the Queen Anne deck plans. Looks fine to us. My understanding is that they have had to enhance the BC experience, as one of the main attractions was the freedom to dine whenever you wish, which has now been introduced to Britannia (albeit without a ‘designated table throughout the cruise’ and the possible need to wait / get a pager for a table for 2) . On some cruises, the Club premium seemed excessive, but on the cruise we have booked it was ‘just’ £1,000 more than the Britannia cabin that would have been our second choice, and over 14 nights that was more than acceptable. 

Edited by Selbourne

42 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

PG had plenty space over QG. The way it's designed.  I was surprised with QG and it's space. All Flambes were quite quite close to passenger tables. They were careful in the positioning for the smoke detectors also. But passengers got to see their dishes prepped.

Whilst we haven’t cruised with Cunard before, we did a ships tour and lunch on QM2. We were quite surprised at how close the tables were to each other in the grill’s restaurants. 

36 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Whilst we haven’t cruised with Cunard before, we did a ships tour and lunch on QM2. We were quite surprised at how close the tables were to each other in the grill’s restaurants. 

Much less in PG. We felt comfortable with Covid. 14 days and some tables were not used meaning space away from others. Each sailing is unique. 

I will still with all the amenities in QG restaurant not care to be upgrade to there after enjoying all PG offers.

37 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

yeah, just realised that... well, I guess there's loads of skyscrapers in NYC, so could be anywhere

Some of the ones to the south of central park are just insane image.thumb.jpeg.d0487a45ac9577cc6fb9bc0728dc673e.jpeg

And there are more coming in the future around the number 40..

Also crossing into Brooklyn that was known for 4 story buildings till approval was given.