DIY Snorkel trip

JoRoy218

Will be in Aruba on 12/29, planning on car rental for the day. Found nicely recommended snorkel spots however we don’t own snorkel gear. Sounds like some beaches offer to rent, wondering what everyone has found. Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

Go up to Arashi Beach where there is a large parking lot.

You can snorkel there and then try Boca Catalina and Malmok Beaches to the south.

It is about a mile from the parking lot to Malmok beach. You may find some parking spots along the way or you can just walk it.

I am not sure about snorkel rentals up there, I would secure some in town or just purchase a mask and snorkel to bring with you. Get some reef shoes also. It is rocky along most of that area.

If the winds are blowing from the south or west it may be to rough to snorkel and it is no good anyway as the ocean bottom is more like river silt and once it get stirred up you will little or no visibility and it takes a day or two to settle out once the winds quit.

There is no need to take a snorkel tour. They all go to the beaches I listed. You will probably see all the snorkel tour boats and 200 or so people stirring up the silt.

If you cruise and like to snorkel, I recommend getting your own gear. If you have a dive shop near you, it is worth going just to get fit for a mask and snorkel. We have a Jeep rental in Aruba. We are going to explore the sites and may get a snorkel stop in there as well. Thanks for the info on the good spots to snorkel.