Is their really 1500 Covid cases on Celebrity Eclipse?

I have read that there are 1500 Covid cases out of 3000 on the Eclipse?  

Under NSW government it says Tier 2.

I think 50% of pax with Covid is more than Tier 2.

who is telling the truth?   Do they mean 150?

Eileen

43 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

I have read that there are 1500 Covid cases out of 3000 on the Eclipse?  

Under NSW government it says Tier 2.

I think 50% of pax with Covid is more than Tier 2.

who is telling the truth?   Do they mean 150?

Eileen

Can't be true, or they would be inventing a new tier for them. Tier 3 is triggered when 10% of the passenger/crew count are infected. 

I think a typo that was meant to be 150, which would fit with the tier 2 they are listed at.

PS, where was the 1500 mentioned?

Edited by arxcards
PS

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Can't be true, or they would be inventing a new tier for them. Tier 3 is triggered when 10% of the passenger/crew count are infected. 

I think a typo that was meant to be 150, which would fit with the tier 2 they are listed at.

It was mentioned in a written news report from channel 7 but then it has been repeated on news.com.au.

if this is incorrect it should be corrected with an apology as it puts the wind up people like me who are cruising over Christmas.   We are flying to Perth to do an Azamara cruise which ends in Sydney,

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I read 1,500 on a news site on line. That doesn't mean it is true ......

Edited by Aus Traveller

Headlines right now. 

Channel 9 news: " numerous covid 19 positive cases.. "

2GB redneck radio: "covid riddled  ship..."

The Australian: "cruise ship arrives in Sydney with close to 300 suspected covid cases"

Pick one. 

Edited by buchhalm
New information..

57 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

ABC just said there were 100 people with Covid on the celebrity eclipse…,bit different from 1500!

Eileen

In that, nobody has the real number apart from Celebrity and border authorities/NSW Health.

ABC is speculating an approximate minimum tier 2 number and throws 100 on a page

The Australia speculates an approximate maximum tier 2 number and throws 300 on a page

The truth lies somewhere in the middle of those.

Channel 7 plucks a number out of their proverbial, and vomits out 1500, which anyone not bothered to do any research parrots on their own platform.

Majestic had tier 2 yesterday, but the media must have given up on her.

Ovation had tier 2 on Wednesday and didn't rate a mention.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

It was mentioned in a written news report from channel 7 but then it has been repeated on news.com.au.

if this is incorrect it should be corrected with an apology as it puts the wind up people like me who are cruising over Christmas.   We are flying to Perth to do an Azamara cruise which ends in Sydney,

I saw it on 9 news early morning - 1,500. By the time of news update later on, the subject was not even mentioned

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Something in that article doesn't look quite right to me ...  (words bolded by me)

... If the test is positive you are able to disembark as normal once the result has been shown to your Stateroom Steward, if is negative you need to contact Guest Services and you plus the other guests in your room must isolate until further instructions are given ...

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Something in that article doesn't look quite right to me ...  (words bolded by me)

... If the test is positive you are able to disembark as normal once the result has been shown to your Stateroom Steward, if is negative you need to contact Guest Services and you plus the other guests in your room must isolate until further instructions are given ...

Might be true, and why they are getting so many cases lately. 🤣

Must be a work experience guy, or the editor is on holidays. I have spotted a few elementary errors with them lately.

Edited by arxcards
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, boeckli said:

Very strange wording!!!

42 minutes ago, Fortunatefew said:

Plus one report said Celebrity Eclipse was due to arrive at White Bay - wrong.

It docked at Sydney cruise terminal as always. 

The media are not wrong again!   It would be funny if not serious.

I think all the journalist were watching Harry and Megan and the office boy was asked to look for stories🥶

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Note:  This is after returning from NZ and before leaving for South Pacific…

If the 100 people that tested positive were only the consecutive cruisers on the ship (~400) that they tested just after reloading in SYD, then percentage would be pretty high.  Est. 70% not wearing masks around NZ, ALOT of coughing (~20%). Average age 65 YO…. All not good for a cruise with minimal health care capabilities and traveling to remote islands (South Pacific) with little to no healthcare facilities…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, somms1 said:

Note:  This is after returning from NZ and before leaving for South Pacific…

If the 100 people that tested positive were only the consecutive cruisers on the ship (~400) that they tested just after reloading in SYD, then percentage would be pretty high.  Est. 70% not wearing masks around NZ, ALOT of coughing (~20%). Average age 65 YO…. All not good for a cruise with minimal health care capabilities and traveling to remote islands (South Pacific) with little to no healthcare facilities…

This exact quotation was regurgitated at lengths 2 weeks ago.

Search 9/10 December. 

Load of baloney. 

People had the choice to disembark after testing positive, they had 30 minutes to pack and get off the boat.  Wasn’t thought out very well.  They WANTED you to stay on ship and quarantine for 5 days….