Norfolk Parking Alternatives

Buckeyefrank100

We are driving in and staying in a hotel.  I have heard horror stories about the official parking lot including break ins, long shuttle lines, etc.  Looking at the map, there are a couple of downtown parking garages within 2 blocks of the port which would be easily walkable.  Does anyone know if a car could be parked at these lots for a 6 night cruise and an overnight hotel stay?  I'm looking specifically at the Town Point Garage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 7:39 AM, finoky said:

In the past we were lucky enough to park there for a cruise. The past two years they block off all city owned garages to cruisers and you will not be allowed to park there.

I've heard that.  Do you know when they start blocking off the garages?  We will be there the night before staying in a hotel within walking distance.  The plan is to just park there the day before.

On 12/18/2022 at 7:39 AM, finoky said:

In the past we were lucky enough to park there for a cruise. The past two years they block off all city owned garages to cruisers and you will not be allowed to park there.

Who is the "they"?   And, if f you dropped off passengers and luggage first, how would they identify you as a cruiser?

I have seen both police and city parking authorities monitoring the garages. YMMV. I am just relaying our experiences and what we have seen. You may be able to get by with it by parking there the night before. There is a garage directly across from the entrance to Half Moone. About a 2 minute walk.

• 1 month later...