Need Opinions from the experts, Which nights are Formal/Informal?

LAFFNVEGAS

Hi Friends, I know someone in this group has done this itinerary before. We are doing Alaska on the Ryndam May 7th and usually I am really good at figuring out which nights are Casual/Formal/Informal;) But this one has me a bit baffled.

Here is the itinerary

0 Vancouver 5:00 PM

1 At Sea

2 Juneau 2:30 PM 9:30 PM

3 Skagway 7:00 AM 9:00 PM

4 Cruising Glacier Bay 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

5 Ketchikan 2:00 PM 8:00 PM

6 At Sea

7 Vancouver 8:00 AM

We leave on a Sunday so Monday Day 1 is the first Formal, Day 2 and Day 3 will be casual. I am guessing Day 4 will be an early Fairwell Formal night, but would they have a Informal the last night or just have that be causal:confused: This one has be a bit confused.

Lisa--

That is some odd timing - if Ketchikan were an am call, that would be the day, but I dunno about an afternoon call...

Did you try Shipservices? They usually have that type of info available...

This is just a guess, and is based on my two NCL Alaska cruises, but on both of those, the formal nights were on the first and last days at sea, as the ship cruises the inside passage. However, I've heard of many cruises having it on the second to last day, but that would probably be tough since the Ryndam is in port until 8pm...

Yes, I did this in May 2005 - Days 1 (sea) and 5 (Ketchikan) were the formal nights (I had to go back to my journal to confirm:) )

Richard, WOW that is surprising yet makes more sense having the Fairwell Dinner on the 5th night rather than the 4th night, was there an Informal Night. I am thinking there will not be, it seems when we were on the Oosterdam May 2004 there was not one there or did they have it Day 4??

Richard I am relying on you since you did do this same week last year on the Ryndam.

Brian, I may try calling Ship Service tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Thanks Everyone:)

Archived