Vietnam Visa question

kiramoli

6 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I am assuming you are on the Nautical world cruise, or a portion of it.  There are multiple roll calls for portions of it.  You might check in there.  EM

FYI, Oceania's world cruises are on Insignia, not Nautica. 

If someone is on the full Oceania ATW a full visa package is included, so it's unlikely the OP is on that cruise as they would likely know that all necessary visas can be obtained through the visa service contracted by Oceania. Even if they are only on a segment they can pay Oceania's visa service provider to get the proper visa.

Edited by njhorseman

Vietnam has rules specifically applicable to cruise passengers.  The visa is handled by the cruise line.  A small fee is applicable.   I don't know if this has changed since covid.  Best source for you, IMO, is Oceania Cruise Line.   

Our own experience is the same as that of others who've answered, and applies to all cruise lines - the cruise line organises your visa on-board. This isn't a standard tourist visa - it only permits entry and exit on the ship, it's no good if you arrive or depart by air etc., and I'm unsure whether it's good for overnighting in a hotel if your ship is in one port for more than a day.

Things may have changed - so try to get an answer (in writing eg e-mail) from the cruise line, though staff in head offices often don't know about such matters so best to enquire as high up the chain as possible

JB 🙂