MSC Seaside southern route - excursion ideas

shellyd1

I believe this is a new route for MSC Seaside.  I am going in March but only on a 7 day journey starting in Martinique.

The excursion choices from MSC seem uninspired.  I'm not sure if I am too late and missed all the good ones, or if there are no good ones.

Guadeloupe seems to get poor reviews - not even walking around the port area seems like a good idea.

St. Maarten - I think we will take the water taxi to the last stop and then meander our way back to the ship.  Maybe go swimming? It looks like a pretty safe place to "wing it".

Antigua - maybe a snorkel tour?

St. Kitt's - seems like all the tours are relatively the same, can't decide what provider would be better.  Or should we just hire a cab for a few hours?

Dominica - Champagne beach seems interesting, but maybe only for an hour or so.  We also already have our own snorkel equipment.

I have looked in the ports section of the boards, and these ports definitely don't seem as popular (except St. Maarten).

Hoping someone that has been there recently can offer some advice.

Hi Their,

We just finished the Caribbean tour on the Seaside on December 4th. Dominica was a real surprise and extremely unique and beautiful. 

Only 72,000 residents but the scenery is unique. We took the waterfalls tour and I highly recommend it vs just hanging out on the beach.

Also when the tour ends don't run back to the ship because they have a big parade with costumes native to there Country and music. Very unique. 

St. Kitts was very nice also and good to take a tour with either the ship or you will see many open air island trucks (that is what we did) or a taxi. Very unique they take you to a beautiful high lookout where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean only divided by a sliver of land-you can see the difference. Fun place.

The Seaside is a beautiful ship-Have fun and Happy Sailing 

• Like 1