Will Oceania follow NCL and trim stateroom service with cabin steward role changes?

MEFIowa

From Cruise Industry New for 12/29/22:

"Optimizing operations is continuing at Norwegian Cruise Line, which is set to reduce its stateroom cleaning service in 2023 fleetwide... In short, some stateroom categories will now get once-a-day cleaning service, instead of twice-a-day cleaning, which has included night-time turndown service. This will allow the cruise line to consolidate crew roles while saving energy and water, according to the letter. Stateroom categories moving to once-daily service in 2023 include studio, inside, oceanview, balcony and club balcony rooms. This will involve a consolidation of staff roles as the stateroom steward and junior stateroom steward positions will be adjusted to a single job title in stateroom attendant."

Norwegian Cruise Line Trimming Stateroom Cleaning, Cutting Crew Roles - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

2 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

From Cruise Industry New for 12/29/22:

"Optimizing operations is continuing at Norwegian Cruise Line, which is set to reduce its stateroom cleaning service in 2023 fleetwide... In short, some stateroom categories will now get once-a-day cleaning service, instead of twice-a-day cleaning, which has included night-time turndown service. This will allow the cruise line to consolidate crew roles while saving energy and water, according to the letter. Stateroom categories moving to once-daily service in 2023 include studio, inside, oceanview, balcony and club balcony rooms. This will involve a consolidation of staff roles as the stateroom steward and junior stateroom steward positions will be adjusted to a single job title in stateroom attendant."

Norwegian Cruise Line Trimming Stateroom Cleaning, Cutting Crew Roles - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Mass Market- Premium-Luxury.

If one can’t tell the difference between a Lincoln and a Ford, they soon stop paying for the Lincoln.

I would doubt that Oceania would follow NCL’s path, BUT they have a lot of debt that speaks loudly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Mass Market- Premium-Luxury.

If one can’t tell the difference between a Lincoln and a Ford, they soon stop paying for the Lincoln.

I would doubt that Oceania would follow NCL’s path, BUT they have a lot of debt that speaks loudly.

Plus people tend to not bother checking these thing in advance of a purchase.  Would you buy a Jaguar if it was labeled a Tata, or a Ford?  

4 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

... I would doubt that Oceania would follow NCL’s path, BUT they have a lot of debt that speaks loudly.

Though it would NOT surprise me if they did this for cabin levels B-G. Something to make the Concierge levels and up seem a bit more special. Not unlike the limited access to the outside spa therapy pool area that seems rather unnecessary in light of the general overall equality of passengers in other public areas of the ship.

If Oceania follows this path, and still an if, for all you early boarders that revel in Boardamania, what time do you believe those lower cabins will then become available on Embarkment Day? 🤔

Half the staff to do all the work! Oceania might be forced to delay the start Boardamania until 2-3! 

6 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

If Oceania follows this path, and still an if, for all you early boarders that revel in Boardamania, what time do you believe those lower cabins will then become available on Embarkment Day? Half the staff to do all the work! Oceania might be forced to delay the start Boardamania until 2-3! 

Though--"In short, some stateroom categories will now get once-a-day cleaning service, instead of twice-a-day cleaning, which has included night-time turndown service."--not sure how this would really hit embarkation day.

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

Though it would NOT surprise me if they did this for cabin levels B-G. Something to make the Concierge levels and up seem a bit more special. Not unlike the limited access to the outside spa therapy pool area that seems rather unnecessary in light of the general overall equality of passengers in other public areas of the ship.

I agree.....there should be a greater difference

2 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

this for cabin levels B-G. Something to make the Concierge levels and up seem a bit more special. Not unlike the limited access to the outside spa therapy pool area that seems rather unnecessary in light of the general overall equality of passengers in other public areas of the ship

LOL

Then we would really be the great unwashed masses

Surely you were being facetious?

What category do you travel in?

“Oh they put us down below

Where we’d be the first to go”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robjame said:

... Surely you were being facetious? What category do you travel in?

I travelled B2 on Sirena (11/2022) and A4 on Riviera (12/2021). Booked on F (Riviera, 11/2023), B4 (Riviera, 11/2023) and C1 (Sirena, 9/2024). Cruise only for us. No alcohol package, either. We only did the A4 because there was a fantastic sale so that 10-day cruise was just $2099 PP. Same ship, same cruise in early 2023 at $3999 PP today.

So I am expecting this for all my future cruises (B, C, & F):

"This will involve a consolidation of staff roles as the stateroom steward and junior stateroom steward positions will be adjusted to a single job title in stateroom attendant."

BUT if there is a great future sale for the cruise, I could see the F and C upgraded to lowest B.