CruiseNext Triple Up Offer

laudergayle

9 hours ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

You can’t apply any certificates to already booked 2023 cruises that occur after Jun 6, can you?  If there are no certificates currently on the booking?  I didn’t quite understand all the T&C details about the certificates so I didn’t buy any when I booked the cruise.

If I cancel and rebook my room, the DSC will be higher than it is today. But it still may be several hundred dollars savings to use certificates.  The savings would pay for FAS+.

You are only able to buy Cruise Next certificates when you are onboard a prior cruise. So if you don’t have any Cruise Next is not an option for you. However, I noticed NCL.com (scroll halfway down page on right) is offering the $250 Cruise First.  You pay $250 and get $500 certificate.  If your sailing is still before final payment, you can buy one Cruise First cert.  Once purchased it will show up in your account and you can apply it as payment…as long as you have no other CruiseFirst or Cruise Next certificates on your reservation. You don’t have to cancel/re-book.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

You are only able to buy Cruise Next certificates when you are onboard a prior cruise. So if you don’t have any Cruise Next is not an option for you. However, I noticed NCL.com (scroll halfway down page on right) is offering the $250 Cruise First.  You pay $250 and get $500 certificate.  If your sailing is still before final payment, you can buy one Cruise First cert.  Once purchased it will show up in your account and you can apply it as payment…as long as you have no other CruiseFirst or Cruise Next certificates on your reservation. You don’t have to cancel/re-book.

Thank you!

I booked when you could apply double Cruise First certs to your trip, but I thought I read in the T&C you could not book with a TA and use CF certs. I chose the TA instead of buying any certs in case there was any issues I needed help with since this is our first NCL cruise (and my last cruise was 22.5 years ago...). 

Is it possible to use CF certs with a TA?  I see people with CruiseNext certs can still have a TA.  

16 minutes ago, Lionkingrichard said:

Terms say only for new reservations?

Yeah, but it works on existing reservations as long as no other certs applied and your outside the time parameters. 120 for CF and 180 days for CN. We’ve done it several times. See most recent using a CF after initial booking.   At least for now it works.

4221B607-4609-4543-9386-6E7D25074D44.jpeg

1 minute ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

Thank you!

I booked when you could apply double Cruise First certs to your trip, but I thought I read in the T&C you could not book with a TA and use CF certs. I chose the TA instead of buying any certs in case there was any issues I needed help with since this is our first NCL cruise (and my last cruise was 22.5 years ago...). 

Is it possible to use CF certs with a TA?  I see people with CruiseNext certs can still have a TA.  

I’m sorry I don’t know the answer as we always book through NCL PCC.

6 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Yeah, but it works on existing reservations as long as no other certs applied and your outside the time parameters. 120 for CF and 180 days for CN. We’ve done it several times. See most recent using a CF after initial booking.   At least for now it works.

4221B607-4609-4543-9386-6E7D25074D44.jpeg

That shows you used 2 not 3?

9 minutes ago, Lionkingrichard said:

That shows you used 2 not 3?

Sorry, I have spoke about both CruiseNext and CruiseFirst on this thread. The Triple Up is only for CN.  My reference is showing how I applied one CF cert on an existing booking.  You can also use CN certs…3 of them under the current promotion. See post 3 where poster added 3 to existing reservation.  I have also added CN certs to existing reservations in the past.  Hope this helps clarify.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Sorry, I have spoke about both CruiseNext and CruiseFirst on this thread. The Triple Up is only for CN.  My reference is showing how I applied one CF cert on an existing booking.  You can also use CN certs…3 of them under the current promotion. See post 3 where poster added 3 to existing reservation.  I have also added CN certs to existing reservations in the past.  Hope this helps clarify.

Thank you.

I have used CN on ever cruise except the first one. Free Money. I only buy 2 at a time. Maybe that will have to change, but who knows if they will do this promo again. I think maybe yes. Reward repeat cruisers, but keep prices higher for newbies?

Just lots of misinformation on this thread.

• Like 1

Thank you Laudergayle. We booked 3 cabins. 1 balcony (8738) and 2 studios for family. We purchaed the $250 CruiseFirst promotion for all 3 cabins and received the bonus on each cabin and took advantage of the credit card offer. Now to get thru the next four cruises on RCL and CCL before this one in 2025. 

Edited by robtx100
  • Like 1

One of the TA email alerts tipped us off to this Triple Up offer first, and I wasn't sure if it was just another click-bait ... and initially it was for 2 days only (this past weekend)  This particular TA offering free DSC (included) and other goodies too.  Answer is yes, you should be able to use TA to book this - and some of the NCL call center agent apparently didn't know or read about it and bother to check for valid terms & conditions.  

On 12/31/2022 at 1:28 PM, robtx100 said:

Disregard my previous post. I got cruisefirst and cruisenext mixed up. I'm guessing cruisenext are purchased onboard while sailing and cruisefirst can be purchased online. ??

and i believe with cruise first you are not allow to ask for reimbursements or credits if the cruise happens to go down in price before final payment. 

20 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

and i believe with cruise first you are not allow to ask for reimbursements or credits if the cruise happens to go down in price before final payment. 

We were able to have our cruise repriced after we had applied a CruseFirst certificate.

• Like 1

Just now, laudergayle said:

We were able to have our cruise repriced after we had applied a CruseFirst certificate.

oh i stand corrected. thank you. It says in the rules that if cruise is canceled and rebooked with a cruise first certificate you lose the additional value. I guess that's different.

CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date. Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled/rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed.

25 minutes ago, rnr4thatsme said:

I'm guessing this triple offer didn't get extended...  Was thinking about getting some Cruise Next on our upcoming cruise next week.

No longer triple. Back to Double on balcony & above booking 6 months out. Through January 12, 2023.  Check Cruise Next terms after the 12th to see if offer changes.

• Like 1