Balance due on previously fully paid cruise?

Viamin_Sea_26

Anyone else notice this recently?

Hubs noticed on the app our April cruise (fully paid with prepaid service charges Dec 4th), is showing $183 due.

Looking at the last emailed confirmation, the price of the cruise plus add ons (Prepaid DSC and insurance) is the same as we show online now.  The payments total the same amount, so can't see where the extra $183 comes in.  

Hubs called PCC yesterday and left a message but still no callback - should I call the generic line?

This happened to me. It was showing $174 due. I paid it and it was refunded to my card a few days later. Apparently it was a glitch. I had added a 1 day deviation to arrive a day before the cruise. I assumed it was a charge related to that and paid it, but it turned out that I didn’t owe it. NCL had already refunded it by the time I called to ask what it was for.

We had a conversation with my husband's amazing PCC today. Our balance, after final payment, went up from $0 to $549. Apparently the air department made a change to our reservation. No one knows what yet. Since we were within final payment a penalty was assessed. Air didn't notice, or didn't care.

We contacted the PCC immediately - I'm glad I look at my account every so often. If we hadn't noticed, it would be possible that our reservation. Would be canceled due to non-payment. Our PCC was able to waive the charge as should have been done in the first place. Just annoying we have to be constantly on guard. Especially on the eve of sailing!

This happened to us because my husband got the idea to try out the NCL app.  I always make our travel arrangements so he did not know his Lattitudes number and opted for a new one when he signed up, thus (unknowingly) losing his Platinum status.  Since he was now not entitled to various discounts on things I had pre-purchased (shore excursions, etc.) several of our upcoming paid in full reservations suddenly had small balances on them.  Took myself and the PCC a while to figure it out. 

My cruise was fully paid (Cruising Feb 2023).  I got an email saying I had an "Air fee" of $449.00 due.  I assumed it was due to the fact that i asked for non-stop flight to the far away destination instead of 1 or 2 stop overs.  I paid it, and got the Non-stop flight I was requesting.  FYI, the air savings with the BOGO offer was over $2,0000.

Thank you all!

Still no callback from our PCC, so assuming he's taking time off.  Did an online agent chat and they were able to look into it and remove the charge.  He said it was due to the Air Department.

Travelling with some NCL first timers, so told them to check their account so they don't have any more issues.  

Did the OP use a "cruisenext certificate?  This happened to me on my last NCL cruise. I was told by the tech person that the cruisenext certificate sometimes cause this to happen.  

As you get closer to sailing the money owed will go up! At least mine did. Actually, more than the cruise costed almost.

It even prevented me from printing my doc's. It will allow you to complete "check-in though.

It was a headache.....  Good luck.

We actually had this happen to us for our Jan 28th 2023 cruise coming up. We use a personal ncl consultant who has booked our last 3 group cruises. 5 couples out of 25 rooms had an ex charge after all was paid for. One couple it was $18 and me and others was about $200. I asked my agent to explain to me several times what in the world it was and still never got a clear answer. The price was exceptional, so we said screw it and paid. But it's still not right that there was no reason 5 of us had an ex-charge with no explanation on what it was.

This just happened to me- Cruise is past final payment and has been paid in full for sometime:  logged onto app to look at shore excursions and now it says I have a final payment of $696 due!  Any ideas? We have paid for everything including our gratuities and shore excursions.    We have been waiting on the air department to correct their mistake - they admitted it was their mistake and said they would correct it- they accidentally booked the wrong date flying home.  They said I would get an email with the corrected flight.  Still haven’t.    I have no intention of paying this fee as I have receipts that I’ve paid everything in full. 

43 minutes ago, Figg1437 said:

This just happened to me- Cruise is past final payment and has been paid in full for sometime:  logged onto app to look at shore excursions and now it says I have a final payment of $696 due!  Any ideas? We have paid for everything including our gratuities and shore excursions.    We have been waiting on the air department to correct their mistake - they admitted it was their mistake and said they would correct it- they accidentally booked the wrong date flying home.  They said I would get an email with the corrected flight.  Still haven’t.    I have no intention of paying this fee as I have receipts that I’ve paid everything in full. 

Call NCL. That's the only way to fix it. Don't wait. As my PCC told us, they will cancel your cruise even if it's NCL's fault.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Call NCL. That's the only way to fix it. Don't wait. As my PCC told us, they will cancel your cruise even if it's NCL's fault.

Thank you! I immediately called my PCC as the 1-800 number says they are closed.  He just called me back and said this was a BIG deal and was seconds from being canceled ( our cruise is sold out so that would be very bad).  He said this is a computer error as the charge is the exact amount as our air and thinks it’s because they have been in the reservation trying to fix it.  Luckily I saw this just in the ap playing.  He was able to call the emergency line he has and get it fixed .  We now owe $0 but I am paranoid it may happen again as they are still working on fixing the air mistake. 

• Like 2