Auckland cruise terminal

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

Definitely worth asking but don't be disappointed if they say no, parking and pickups are very difficult from Princes Wharf, much easier from Queens Wharf 🙂

Last time we were in Auckland pre covid, we were picked up from outside the HSBC building on the corner of Quay Street and Lower Albert Street which is a great spot for either wharf. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 11:40 AM, Cali82 said:

We will be arriving in Auckland next month and thanks to NCL and not adding the requested flight deviation, we are arriving the day of the cruise. So, arriving at 6 am, how early can we drop our luggage at the cruise terminal? Our cruise leaves at 6 pm and would like to get a few hours out to explore. Thank you to anyone that has some answers.

Thank you for this post! This exact thing happened to us, too.😒 They didn't give us the requested deviations on either end of the cruise. We're on the same flight arriving at 6 am day of cruise.

Hi cali82

we did what you are doing in 2014, except had spent previous 2 nights in an Aparthotel with a washing machine prior to boarding! although walking distance, we got a taxi for our bags and got to wharf at 12 prompt. as it was a RWC hardly anyone was boarding, so we were on board at once, cabin was ready, reunited with our unaccompanied suitcase of evening and cruise wear which had come direct from the UK. we had lunch, and then disembarked to do our own walking tour of downtown Auckland, I think we went to Albert Park and the art gallery.  It was all incredibly easy and laid back, as I have to say, everything is in NZ. If I was you I would nt book anything but just do your own thing. 

6 hours ago, sleepingcat said:

Hi cali82

we did what you are doing in 2014, except had spent previous 2 nights in an Aparthotel with a washing machine prior to boarding! although walking distance, we got a taxi for our bags and got to wharf at 12 prompt. as it was a RWC hardly anyone was boarding, so we were on board at once, cabin was ready, reunited with our unaccompanied suitcase of evening and cruise wear which had come direct from the UK. we had lunch, and then disembarked to do our own walking tour of downtown Auckland, I think we went to Albert Park and the art gallery.  It was all incredibly easy and laid back, as I have to say, everything is in NZ. If I was you I would nt book anything but just do your own thing. 

The sightseeing tours in mini buses go much further out than just the city area, visiting interesting and scenic areas. If only in Auckland for the day, for some it is more encompassing than shops and an art gallery.