water leak in suite

Mistella

My daughter, son-in-law and baby are currently on the NCL Jewel. They are in a large suite and were kept awake most of last night due to a leak in their cabin. They must stay out of the cabin today while the carpets are dried. What recourse do they have with the cruise line and what should regarding this situation while they are onboard?

True ... water pipes do break .. but .......

If you were at a resort, the pipes broke in your room, you had lost sleep because of it, and you were not able to use the room for an entire day (at least) would you not wnat something to be done to correct the situation:

1. A room change?

2. No charges for the day(s) the room was being repaired?

I would think this would be a minimum and really not too much to ask.

I was at a hotel one time ... I called the desk to have towels brought up and they never came. I went down to get the towels from the desk. I was not angry or upset; I understand that hotels are a busy place and I needed the towels. While I was waiting on said towels, a manager happened to walk in and asked how I was enjoying my stay. I told this manager everything is fine, I'm just had to come down for some towels. His reply was "oh, just call next time, we would be happy to bring them up". I told him I had called, waited about an hour, and then went ahead and came down after the towels.

You know what this manager did .... He told me how sorry he was and gave me my room for nothing that night. I did not ask, I was not mad, I just relayed a story in conversation.

Reason I told that story .... I don't think they should have to ask for anything in a case like this. The cruise line should be doing everything they can to make this up to them because that is the right thing to do.

Just my 2 cents .....

Most cruiselines do not offer free days or money back options when something goes wrong with a room or an excursion. They do offer discounts and future cruise credit on your next cruise quite often. Not saying its good or bad, or any other opinion, just thats what your family will probably be offered.

I would go to the Purser's office and tell them that my wife is extremely angry about the inconvienence, and is there anything they can do to make her happy, thus making me happy too. Like a credit to their room for cocktails. Heck, if I could get a $50 or $100 credit to be spent at the bar, I would be satisfied.

Archived