DiningTimes on American Countess

MSEm

• 2 weeks later...

We took that cruise last spring. We really enjoyed the trip and the food was quite good. We never had dinner in the buffet. We had the late dining which is later than we’d like but it was good in that it wasn’t as crowded since most people took the early seating. I feel like we got more attentive service at the second seating. 

• 5 months later...

I have a slightly different question about dinner, and this probably sounds picky.

We have only done one river cruise which was in Europe.  And I realize things will not be the same which is while I am asking.

For dinner I understand that there are two set times and a buffet.  For the set time - is everyone taken care of on the same pace.  To make myself clear - on the only river cruise we have been on, there was one dinner time and then after orders were taken the entire dinning room was served their salad entre and then when done, dished picked up and then entire dining room was served the soup entre, after that the entire dining room was served the main course, and so one.  So if you and your partner (at a larger table) wanted just soup and dessert you sat through the entire dinner.

I am glad to hear that there is a dinner buffet, but would like to be served dinner but wondering if each table has it's own rhythm or is it at the dining room level.