Wheelchairs for embarkation?

MsTabbyKats

If one needs a wheelchair, do contact MSC of the port?

We have an April cruise out of Brooklyn, NY in April.  I'm not familiar with that port and if it's gonna be one of those 3 hour boardings....I don't think my husband could handled it.

If I can't arrange a chair for embarkation I'm gonna cancel the cruise.  Final payment is in a couple of weeks.

Any insight would be helpful

TIA

9 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

If one needs a wheelchair, do contact MSC of the port?

We have an April cruise out of Brooklyn, NY in April.  I'm not familiar with that port and if it's gonna be one of those 3 hour boardings....I don't think my husband could handled it.

If I can't arrange a chair for embarkation I'm gonna cancel the cruise.  Final payment is in a couple of weeks.

Any insight would be helpful

TIA

You needs to fill out the MSC special needs form and submit it. There is a place to fill out for assistance with embarkation/debarkation.  Here is the link.  

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/-/media/global-contents/pdf-documents/16026_15_msc_special_needs_form_eng.pdf

Edited by ready2cruzagain

In my experience, courtesy ship wheelchairs and pushers will be available once you are in the check-in area of the terminal. Regulations do not permit ship’s crew to go ‘outside’ the terminal; I.e. security. On the one occasion I needed a wheelchair to get from transportation to inside the terminal I brought our personal wheelchair. But do fill out the special needs form. My experience was Miami and Port Canaveral, so I do not know the particulars for New York.

2 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

In my experience, courtesy ship wheelchairs and pushers will be available once you are in the check-in area of the terminal. Regulations do not permit ship’s crew to go ‘outside’ the terminal; I.e. security. On the one occasion I needed a wheelchair to get from transportation to inside the terminal I brought our personal wheelchair. But do fill out the special needs form. My experience was Miami and Port Canaveral, so I do not know the particulars for New York.

Thanks....I know NY...but this is Brooklyn (technially NY...but like another country to me...lol)

DH had surgury and graduated from walker to cane....and is almost off the cane.  But I don't think he could handle standing on a long line.  I feel more secure knowing that it won't happen.  I did fill out the special needs form....

• Like 1