MSC cruise - Brooklyn to Newark airport

MamatoJack

I'm looking at a cruise on MSC and wondering if it is safe to book a flight at 12:45 from Newark, and also the best way to get from the Brooklyn cruiseport to the airport. EWR is the only New York airport with direct flights home for us. I could book at 3pm but I'd rather be home by then if the earlier flight could work 🙂 I believe Uber or Lyft would be available, and am not sure if MSC also offers transfers. I haven't booked the cruise yet, working out how much trouble it will be first. And we haven't actually made it onto an MSC cruise yet (though I've booked and cancelled a few). 

Thank you

1 hour ago, MamatoJack said:

I'm looking at a cruise on MSC and wondering if it is safe to book a flight at 12:45 from Newark, and also the best way to get from the Brooklyn cruiseport to the airport.

You're about 40 minutes without traffic to Newark Airport from BCT but could be close to an hour if it was a weekday morning. If the ship arrives on time and you can be one of the first off you should be fine for 12:45 although you'll most likely have less time at the airport than you'd think. 

Uber or Lyft will work fine and be available-- it would be my first choice since NYC taxis are not required to take you to New Jersey. You could also prearrange a pickup through Carmel or Dial 7 but frankly Uber/Lyft will get the job done. 

• Like 1