Why Should We Choose Celebrity?

SleeStack1

Its been a few years since we last cruised but we started with RCCL. It was fun and all, but then we went on some Celebrity Cruises and found them much more to our liking.

For example- RCCL had frequent overhead announcements which interrupt the peace. I don't need to hear about the belly flop contest at the pool- that's what the daily flyer is for.  Celebrity only had one noonday announcement from the Captain with weather report and short comments of the day.  The cruises we take have fewer kids which we appreciate.

We also like the Aqua dining room a lot.

• Like 2

We’ve cruised everything from Carnival to Regent. Have a future Med  cruise on Norwegian with some friends. Have not cruised with Holland because of their reputation of being too quiet.

if we were cruising with kids we would choose Royal. We find the Princess rooms cramped unless you go with a mini suite. No sofa in a basic balcony room. 

Celebrity is definitely our sweet spot. We have enjoyed cruises on all three classes of ship. The newest Edge class is stunning. We actually like the infinite veranda and feel it adds extra functionality to the room.  The food, the service, and the entertainment have been consistently good. Booking well in advance has gotten us the best prices. At this point we do have loyalty perks like free laundry but it’s not a deciding factor. If you can find an itinerary you like at a competitive price I recommend you try them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I'm beginning to ask the same question. 

Yikes, I didn't mean to bring up a sore point.  I suspect all (main) cruise lines are doing some poor things lately.

3 hours ago, ljk76 said:

We’ve cruised everything from Carnival to Regent. Have a future Med  cruise on Norwegian with some friends. Have not cruised with Holland because of their reputation of being too quiet.

If you can find an itinerary you like at a competitive price I recommend you try them. 

We definitely will...if that competitive price point pops up.

I watched the tipsfortravellers youtube on Celebrity.  He mentions their goal is to (try to) move upscale and compete with the likes of Oceania, Viking, SS, RSS etc, but with bigger ships.  I suppose that explains why their costs always top the main line cruise providers.

We are too new and don't (yet) value a higher level of service, bar setting dining, luxury appointments, etc.  We do like all that, but will only pay so much at this point.

5 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I'm beginning to ask the same question. 

46 minutes ago, SleeStack1 said:

Yikes, I didn't mean to bring up a sore point.  I suspect all (main) cruise lines are doing some poor things lately.

No sore point @sleestack1 just an honest reply on the first thought that popped into my head when I saw your title.  Maybe I should have included one of those thinking or unsure emoji faces to show my reply was somewhat light hearted.

12 hours ago, MoYerclan said:

Its been a few years since we last cruised but we started with RCCL. It was fun and all, but then we went on some Celebrity Cruises and found them much more to our liking.

For example- RCCL had frequent overhead announcements which interrupt the peace. I don't need to hear about the belly flop contest at the pool- that's what the daily flyer is for.  Celebrity only had one noonday announcement from the Captain with weather report and short comments of the day.  The cruises we take have fewer kids which we appreciate.

We also like the Aqua dining room a lot.

I was actually OK with RCCL pre-COVID, however after the restart the food quality went WAYYY down.