Help with check in

dbkruzr

We haven't cruised NCL for many years and I've read you need to upload a photo for online check in, as a computer illiterate Instructions on how to do it might as well be in a foreign language. A chat agent told me I can just check in at the pier has anybody done this and is it problematic? 

I haven't done this myself just yet, but yes, you do need to upload a photo in order to complete your online check-in (and, I think, they will also take your photo at embarkation......kinda strange).

The system can be finnicky when it comes to accepting your photo. I've been told to use a blank background (preferably white) and to make sure full face, head, and shoulders may clearly be seen in the photo. Might take several tries, suggest to take multiple photos as backup in case your first photo is a no-go. 

I've often struggled getting the picture accepted and then they seem to always take another at the pier anyway.  Can you download e-docs without uploading the picture?  I thought you couldn't get e-docs until all the areas had a green check mark.

I just checked in this morning and had absolutely no issue with the photos.  The first photo I submitted for each of us was accepted.  We took them standing against a light coloured wall and just head and, neck, shoulder shots.  I took several with my phone, zoomed in and out to save different views, emailed them to myself, saved them on computer and uploaded during check in.  

Edited by jtdlmc

So we can use photos that are saved to our phone or computer? I'll be checking in for 2 cabins and we all won't be together for taking pictures when the time comes to do so.

Just now, tbo said:

So we can use photos that are saved to our phone or computer? I'll be checking in for 2 cabins and we all won't be together for taking pictures when the time comes to do so.

Yep, I took it with the phone but it syncs with computer so I just uploaded from the computer when checking in