We bought the “Cruise Only” package… using OBC for Diet Coke and Wine ?

Dave Judy

Have been on Celebrity before and always with a Classic Beverage package, “Just show my card and never worry about the cost…” Always drank Diest Coke, “cheap” beer and wine.  We are only on this upcoming cruise because we got an incredible deal on a “Cruise Only” package.  We each have $100 OBC. 

1.  We give them the card each time and the price + gratuity is deducted from our accounts?

2.  How do we track the OBC deductions?

3.  I’ll round up and say I can get “cheap” beer and wine for around $10… How much is a Diet Coke?  Is it the same with dinner in the various dining rooms?

Big Thanks in advance on this…

1 hour ago, Dave Judy said:

1.  We give them the card each time and the price + gratuity is deducted from our accounts?

2.  How do we track the OBC deductions?

All your onboard charges will be deducted fro your OBC until it runs out. I do cruise only all the time as my beverage bill usually have run about $40-$80 and I get specialty coffee free as an Elite Plus and some alchohol too..  I am a lite drinker so the packages are not a good deal for me. I have not drunk soda for 20 years so I don't have to worry about that, I keep track by checking my folio. On the cabin TV or app or guest service print out.  

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

Just check your account (on the app, tv, or at guest services) on the first day to make sure the OBC is showing. Then all purchases made on board including drinks will be charged to your on board account. It will deduct from OBC first and then charge whatever credit card you have on file if you spend more than that. 

• Like 1