Navigator OTS Shore excursion-whale watching Cabo vs Puerto Vallarta?

Hello:  I’ve been reading the Mexican Riviera board to try to find some specific info on this, but have been unsuccessful so here I am. 

Of the RCCL-sponsored shore excursions for whale watching on the 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise, does anyone have any advice on which would be preferable?  The Cabo one appears to be on a larger boat, but is listed as “moderate” for strenuous activity. The PV one is on the smaller speed boat, but is listed as “mild.”  I’m not sure why the difference.  Both are the same price. 

I’d love to see whales up close, of course, but I’m not the spring chicken I used to be.  I can still get around under my own steam but no difficult entry/egress into boats, please!  

We are cruising in mid-February. 

Coralc is spot on.

We just got off the Navigator this morning. We were inside Jamie's while sailing into Cabo...and saw a fleet of boats...then someone yelled "whales!"...it was nice seeing the whales from the ship, but it must've been incredible seeing them up close.

Definitely Cabo.

* Christmas week, there were 3 ships anchored in Cabo. New Year's week, there were 2 ships in Cabo.The Captain made an announcement that tendering will be extremely difficult and he discouraged passengers from leaving the ship.

The Navigator sailed into Cabo around noon. It took hours for some passengers to get on the tender. Last tender tickets handed out were 49 and 50.

• Like 1

* Christmas week, there were 3 ships anchored in Cabo. New Year's week, there were 2 ships in Cabo.The Captain made an announcement that tendering will be extremelydifficult and he discouraged passengers from leaving the ship.

The Navigator sailed into Cabo around noon. It took hours for some passengers to get on the tender. Last tender tickets handed out were 49 and 50.

Thank you, both, for your responses. I’ve been reading about the tender difficulties at Cabo. We have the Key and am hoping that will help in allowing us get off the ship a bit easier. But that’s one of the reasons why I’m leaning toward a ship excursion rather than independent there.