specialty dining reservations before cruise

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

On 1/8/2023 at 10:30 PM, KeithJenner said:

Yes, you can reserve 120 days out (it could be 125 or 130 depending on cabin type or latitudes status).

just log in to NCL or use the app and select dining from within your cruise reservation. It’s fairly simple.

Thank you for the info 

Does NCL charge you right away if you make dining reservations pre-sailing? We have an SDP, and Latitudes dinners.  We are traveling with another couple and want to make reservations for the 4 of us.  They only have the SDP.  Do you get charged right away, is there a priority (latitudes vs sdp) that they use, and how can we tell them which one we want to use? 

Just now, Birdnutty said:

Does NCL charge you right away if you make dining reservations pre-sailing? We have an SDP, and Latitudes dinners.  We are traveling with another couple and want to make reservations for the 4 of us.  They only have the SDP.  Do you get charged right away, is there a priority (latitudes vs sdp) that they use, and how can we tell them which one we want to use? 

I haven't gotten high enough with Latitudes there yet, but I can say that they always ask me when they scan my card if I'm using a dining package.

3 hours ago, Birdnutty said:

Restaurants other than fixed price restaurants Teppanyaki/Hasuki and Moderno are a la carte (i.e., you pay for what you eat like going to McDonalds). 

Always book fixed priced restaurants first, and there will be no charge. 

Always book exactly 120 days prior to departure (130 for Haven guests, 125 for Club Balcony, 125 for upper tier latitudes). Exactly. Prime time dining, especially on sea days, will sell out quickly once reservations open. 

4 hours ago, Birdnutty said:

When you make the reservations the system doesn’t care who you are booking for. When determining whether there is a charge for reserving it basically assumes that everyone in your group is the same as you, so if you have two latitudes meals and two SDP then that is how the system will charge all four people at booking.

So, as you only have two SDP meals, make sure that you book fixed price places first, as BirdTravels says. The system doesn’t charge you as you have SDP credits to cover them. There is no reservation fee for a la carte places so anyone can reserve them at no cost.

When you get onboard you will tell

your server how you actually want to pay.

For our sailing I see that Ocean Blue is "not available for booking".  Does that mean we are SOL....or can we likely book it while on the ship?

We are returning to cruising after a long absence.  We used to just book the specialty restaurants on the ship.  However, I guess with FAS, things fill up fast.  Should we scramble and get online reservations now...or do they reserve tables for when folks get on the ship? 

Thanks! 

Edited by farmecologist

12 minutes ago, farmecologist said:

For our sailing I see that Ocean Blue is "not available for booking".  Does that mean we are SOL....or can we likely book it while on the ship?

We are returning to cruising after a long absence.  We used to just book the specialty restaurants on the ship.  However, I guess with FAS, things fill up fast.  Should we scramble and get online reservations now...or do they reserve tables for when folks get on the ship? 

Thanks! 

They certainly keep reservations available for when you board.

2 hours ago, farmecologist said:

Thanks! 

We had the same issue on an upcoming cruise...I used the chat feature and was reserved in Ocean Blue within 5 mins and received an email confirmation and it showed up on my account. Try the chat feature...they are very helpful.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

We had the same issue on an upcoming cruise...I used the chat feature and was reserved in Ocean Blue within 5 mins and received an email confirmation and it showed up on my account. Try the chat feature...they are very helpful.

good tip...will do!

Edit...Hmm i don't see an option for online chat anywhere.  Any ideas?

Edited by farmecologist

38 minutes ago, farmecologist said:

Edit...Hmm i don't see an option for online chat anywhere.  Any ideas?

When I log into NCL website I get a pop up in the bottom left corner of the browser which says 'Chat with an Agent'. It shows up on every page I go to on their website. If it is not showing up I am not sure where it would be.

11 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

When I log into NCL website I get a pop up in the bottom left corner of the browser which says 'Chat with an Agent'. It shows up on every page I go to on their website. If it is not showing up I am not sure where it would be.

Thanks for the tip!  I turned off my ad blocker on ncl.com and now I see it.  Strange!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainBazz said:

BTW - The rep said they didn't have anymore pre-cruise reservation slots open for Ocean Blue.  However, they did say to stick with our current reservations for now and look into changing them once we get on board.  Apparently, they only allocate "30 percent" of available tables to pre-cruise reservations and mentioned we should have no problem changing them once on board.  👍

58 minutes ago, farmecologist said:

BTW - The rep said they didn't have anymore pre-cruise reservation slots open for Ocean Blue.  However, they did say to stick with our current reservations for now and look into changing them once we get on board.  Apparently, they only allocate "30 percent" of available tables to pre-cruise reservations and mentioned we should have no problem changing them once on board.  👍

Yes...we have never had a problem booking additional nights or changing reservations onboard...make sure you do it on Embarkation day.

• Like 1