"JUST ANNOUNCED – FREE 2-Category Suite Upgrades"

pingpong1

Our original cruise (Tokyo to Hong Kong and Hong Kong round trip) was cancelled and we were offered 25% off a selection of 4 other cruises in approximately the same area. We checked with the onboard cruise consultant during our pre Christmas Caribbean cruise who raved about what a great deal it was but when she ran the figures for the back to back it was £2000 more expensive so we said no thank you and asked for our deposit back.

Arriving home we were contacted by our travel agent to say this offer was on together with a 'significant' discount. We decided to go for just the 14 nights rather than the back to back and it has ended up being £5000 less expensive than the equivalent leg quoted for by the cruise consultant so it certainly paid off for us 😁 although we do miss out on the 3 night pre-cruise Tokyo trip and just have the one night stopover instead.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flyboyswife said:

We paid in full when we booked in Nov 22 in order to secure an additional 25% off from TA. Since cruise is paid in full, Regent saying we can’t get promo. Does this sound right to everyone?

I believe these promotions are not available after final payment. It could be they your pay-in-full offer put you in that situation. Our May cruise’s final payment date was yesterday. We talked to our TA Thursday and got a discount from the promo, although it was nowhere near 25%. 

We booked a Concierge Suite on Friday for May, 2024 to beat the Saturday price increase and got the email about the 2 category upgrade on Monday.  They did upgrade us on Monday, using our TA, to Penthouse but had to pay the $200 per person price increase.  They would not refund any of the deposit however.

On 1/14/2023 at 10:26 AM, Gpilon said:

Day of embarkation I will be in GM's office stomping my feet with tears flowing demanding the Regent Suite! Or, just at pool bar enjoying beverages.

Well, I contracted Regent about our March TA on Splendor as we are in a GS and the Regent Suite is available. I demanded they give it to us. They laughed and laughed and laughed. But they did offer us a free drink coupon at any bar. Going to be a great cruise for sure. And that free drink will come in handy.

• Haha 1