Solstice 2025 Asia cruise canceled

Susanb10567

4 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

My Feb 7 cruise booking is amongst those cancelled. I found out when logged into X website. I'm looking for a Feb 2025 cruise that includes Bangkok. I guess I'll have to wait for Princess and HAL to release 2025 Asia itineraries. Or I could pay 2X-6X and go on one of the very nice Regent, Silversea, Azamara, or Oceania itineraries.

Did you get notified of the cancellation? Is it still showing up on your cruise page? My friend keeps getting told it’s not canceled and won’t let her change the date without a penalty..

On 1/9/2023 at 2:36 PM, Susanb10567 said:

I’m so disappointed….just checked my cruise page to print my luggage tags for my February 6th Summit cruise and I noticed I had a canceled cruise … I had no idea what it was…to my surprise it was my Vietnam/Thailand cruise on the Solstice on 2/7/25…the crazy thing is my friend literally just decided to join us and deposited on Saturday….anyone know what is going on with this…has the Solstice been redeployed or chartered …is there another ship taking over the itinerary…I have gotten no notice from my TA or Celebrity…I know it is far out but still disappointed 

Well now…

We put a cabin on hold for the March 3, 2025 sailing on Sunday!

Not a mention or word about it no longer sailing from Celebrity.

Checked with our TA to change our cabin location before we pay our deposit …still cabins available and still not a word from Celebrity about it no longer sailing.

🤷🏻‍♀️

Can anyone tell me for certain if the Jan 14, 2025 to March 3, 2025 sailings have indeed been cancelled?

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

Did you get notified of the cancellation? Is it still showing up on your cruise page? My friend keeps getting told it’s not canceled and won’t let her change the date without a penalty..

I have not received an email notification yet. I found out when I logged in at
 https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/

This is what's displayed.

image.png.90926663cb3e98722620d49ea3668308.png

image.png.adc164b9472cf178c9d261979ed0d862.png

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

I have not received an email notification yet. I found out when I logged in at
 https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/

This is what's displayed.

image.png.90926663cb3e98722620d49ea3668308.png

image.png.adc164b9472cf178c9d261979ed0d862.png

That is what I had… did you speak to anyone at Celebrity yet to confirm that it has been cancelled…why is this such a difficult question to have answered…

18 hours ago, mahdnc said:

My experience from having been associated with one pre-COVID cruise cancellation is to NOT wait to be notified.  The information flow from within Celebrity and the flow out to the public is uneven especially if the news is late/fast breaking.  If you wait, you may get the news much later than everyone else.

The biggest reason I can think of for not waiting is if you want to rebook on another sailing.  You want to be able to have your pick of cabins when you do that before the crowd moves in.  There are a lot of people who are disappointed that their favorite cabin on the new sailing is gone or that a certain cabin category may not be available anymore.  There is also the remote possibility of being able to get something done through Celebrity that may not be offered to later passengers because an official policy is eventually issued.

When our cruises were getting cancelled throughout the pandemic, we would sometimes cancel when the writing was on the wall (before the cruise was officially cancelled) so that we could get the same itinerary on a later cruise while they had a good cabin selection. It worked out.

• Like 1

I now have the voyage cancelled showing in manage my booking. So clear it has been cancelled, However am on the phone as I type this to celebrity, Who are once again advising the sailing has not been cancelled and is going ahead. 

It seems really poor from Celebrity.

1 minute ago, UKLloyd said:

I now have the voyage cancelled showing in manage my booking. So clear it has been cancelled, However am on the phone as I type this to celebrity, Who are once again advising the sailing has not been cancelled and is going ahead. 

It seems really poor from Celebrity.

Yes it is sad when you have customers showing in their account that the cruise is cancelled but when you call the agents are telling you it’s not…

it’s hard to know what to believe…I know it is very far out but it shouldn’t be such a difficult question to get a answer for…

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

That is what I had… did you speak to anyone at Celebrity yet to confirm that it has been cancelled…why is this such a difficult question to have answered…

No I have not called Celebrity.  I'm not in a hurry to resolve this, other than the cruise deposit.

Celebrity has billed my credit card $2250 in cruise deposits (2 cabins, 5 people). If they do not refund this within a couple of weeks (or reinstate the booking), I will contest the charge to the credit card company.

As mentioned in my prior post, "I'm looking for a Feb 2025 cruise that includes Bangkok. I guess I'll have to wait for Princess and HAL to release 2025 Asia itineraries. Or I could pay 2X-6X and go on one of the very nice Regent, Silversea, Azamara, or Oceania itineraries."

I'm having the same issue on our Mar 3, 2025 sailing on the Soltice. On the Celebrity website, in my upcoming cruises, it shows canceled, but when I called the reservation number I was told that the cruise hadn't been canceled.  Very frustrating...

Maybe this is just an X web-site error? 

I went to a TA web site and started a booking for the Feb 7 cruise. It shows everything you would normally expect to see: cabin availability, prices, etc. Didn't go any further because I did not want to create yet another booking.

If it is truly an error….than by this point you would think they could send an email at least to TA that their clients should ignore the fact that it that their cruise page says that it is canceled…the cruises also do not show up on the consumer site…the only 2 Solstice Vietnam and Thailand sail dates on the celebrity website  are 1/2/25 and 3/15/25….

When I spoke with Celebrity earlier, The guy on the phone asked me to send hum a screenshot of the cancellation message. So I have done this and he advised will call me back.

So that is how I left it.

Will update here once I have heard.

Hopefully it is just a website error. Doesn't seem that way however.

• Thanks 1

So Celebrity have emailed me back, Response is below.

I hope this email finds you well.

I can confirm sir that I have received the screenshot that you have sent to me and forwarded to the relevant team and they have advised  me that we haven’t announced yet any cancellation.

This has been raised already and relevant team are closely monitoring this matter.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, UKLloyd said:

I can confirm sir that I have received the screenshot that you have sent to me and forwarded to the relevant team and they have advised  me that we haven’t announced yet any cancellation.

This has been raised already and relevant team are closely monitoring this matter.

Thank you.

The plot thickens. I note that "we haven't announced yet any cancellation" is subtly different than "we haven't cancelled".

Please keep us posted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

The plot thickens. I note that "we haven't announced yet any cancellation" is subtly different than "we haven't cancelled".

Please keep us posted.

I suspect we could be waiting a while. If I hear anything I shall update here.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, UKLloyd said:

Thank you.

Interesting…I wonder how my TA was able to move it with price protection and no change fee..

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Please keep us posted.

I also note that "This has been raised already and relevant team are closely monitoring this matter." is majorly different than "relevant team are correcting the problem." They worded this in the most passive way possible, without taking any responsibility to fix the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, prairie girl said:

No news is good news?!
Has anyone received confirmation from Celebrity or their TA that these cruises have been canceled?

I'm booked on the March 3, 2025 Thailand/Vietnam cruise that now shows in my upcoming cruises as canceled. I called Celebrity customer service again yesterday and the rep said he has no information on this cancelation.  When I inquired about moving my reservation to another date, he said I could do that, but I would lose all of my discounts and perks.  He went on to say that if Celebrity does officially cancel the cruise, I would then be allowed to transfer those discounts and perks to another cruise. 

16 minutes ago, GroveGuy said:

I'm booked on the March 3, 2025 Thailand/Vietnam cruise that now shows in my upcoming cruises as canceled. I called Celebrity customer service again yesterday and the rep said he has no information on this cancelation.  When I inquired about moving my reservation to another date, he said I could do that, but I would lose all of my discounts and perks.  He went on to say that if Celebrity does officially cancel the cruise, I would then be allowed to transfer those discounts and perks to another cruise. 

We have a hold on one of the sailings and don't want to give them a dime until we have confirmation of these cruises happening or not!
Yesterday when I had a “chat” with a Celebrity rep, he advised that everything is in “limbo” and to try and wait before putting down a deposit.  I advised him that I can’t “limbo” for very long!!

31 minutes ago, prairie girl said:

We have a hold on one of the sailings and don't want to give them a dime until we have confirmation of these cruises happening or not!
Yesterday when I had a “chat” with a Celebrity rep, he advised that everything is in “limbo” and to try and wait before putting down a deposit.  I advised him that I can’t “limbo” for very long!!

If things are in limbo…why in the world did they change customers account so that it says the voyage is canceled…why didn’t they just wait until things were more settled…this just causes more confusion 

• Like 2

Just now, Susanb10567 said:

If things are in limbo…why in the world did they change customers account so that it says the voyage is canceled…why didn’t they just wait until things were more settled…this just causes more confusion 

I've been wondering that too. Typically, when a cruise is in limbo, it just disappears from the "Find a Cruise" listings, so that no new bookings can be made.

12 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

I've been wondering that too. Typically, when a cruise is in limbo, it just disappears from the "Find a Cruise" listings, so that no new bookings can be made.

I know…something isn’t sitting right with me!  The fact that they continue to take bookings on potentially cancelled cruises just isn’t a business practice I want to be part of.

I suspect…and this is my brain working…I think they are making a modifications to the itinerary and rather than have all those confirmed passengers carry on with the new itinerary, they are cancelling them all and going to reprice at a higher cost for rebooking.  There will be no option for all those original bookings other than to pay more!

Just my suspicious thoughts!

Edited by prairie girl