Platinum Perk Questions

new2cruising2006

1 minute ago, new2cruising2006 said:

This will be the first time I will be platinum.  I am wondering how I go about booking my 2 free specialty dining meals.  Do I have to wait until I'm on board?  

Also, can anyone give info about the ship tour that is included?  Is it worth it?  Thanks

You should be able to make reservations on line. However, it may be better to wait until you are on the ship. If you try to book a restruant with one set price, the system will want to charge you. 

Here lately I have not been able to book anything on line. I put something in 'mycart' and when I go to check out, it's  all gone. 🙁

The ship tour, it's pretty good. We've been in the kitchen's, back stage in the theater and some other crew areas. Not all ships do the same "exact" tour.

As you are Platinum you can book your restaurants at 125 days out, both FAS and Latitude perks. You can only book a restaurant once, if you want more then contact NCL (I usually do it on the chat feature). Remember to book 'fixed price' restaurants first, then the a la carte, that way you don't get charged until you have had your meal. If the app says reservations not available ask using the chat feature (this just happened to us and we got booked straight away using the chat feature).

The ships tour hasn't been available on the last 3 cruises we have done because of Covid so cannot comment on it. Other perks like wine tasting and cocktail reception should be booked at guest services when you first board. Make sure you do it on the first day.

Edited by CaptainBazz

1 hour ago, new2cruising2006 said:

This will be the first time I will be platinum.  I am wondering how I go about booking my 2 free specialty dining meals.  Do I have to wait until I'm on board?  

Also, can anyone give info about the ship tour that is included?  Is it worth it?  Thanks

The system takes dinner reservations and doesn't care how you intend to pay. At the time of dinner, you tell the hostess weather you are paying via room charge, free at sea dining package, paid dining package, or platinum voucher. You need to bring the voucher with you (they will be left in your stateroom on embarkation day along with a laundry voucher).

Currently, Platinum vouchers can be used for any restaurant. 

Book exactly 125 days prior to departure. If the system blocks you, you will need to talk to a reservation agent. If you want to eat at the same restaurant more than once, you need to talk to a reservation agent. 

Book fixed priced restaurants (Moderno or Teppanyaki) first so you are not charged. Then book a la carte restaurants (everything else). 

On embarkation day, go to the Cruise Next desk and sign up for the Wines Around the World wine tasting. The Behind the Scenes tours have not resumed after the pandemic. They still don't want germy passengers in the crew areas. Make sure you know your other discounts. 

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

• Thanks 1

Book fixed price restaurants first: Does this mean online or in person or first as in earlier in the cruise? For instance, I have the 2 platinum dinners and one FAS dinner.  Wouldn't they only charge me if I made more than 3 reservations? Or the system would only account for the FAS?

21 minutes ago, Something fun! said:

Book fixed price restaurants first: Does this mean online or in person or first as in earlier in the cruise? For instance, I have the 2 platinum dinners and one FAS dinner.  Wouldn't they only charge me if I made more than 3 reservations? Or the system would only account for the FAS?

When you book on line, exactly 120 days prior to departure, book fixed priced restaurants (Moderno or Teppanyaki or Hasuki) first. You won't be charged.

You designate at dining time how you would like to pay for a dinner (Room Charge (cash), Specialty Dining Package, Latitudes Voucher, Other Voucher)

6 hours ago, Something fun! said:

This applies whether you reserve online or over the phone. If you are making reservations onboard then it doesn’t matter as nobody gets charged anything for reserving onboard.

The key thing is the order that the reservations are made. The times of the reservations themselves in irrelevant, so you could reserve Moderno first, for the last day of the cruise, and then a la carte places for the first few days and be fine, but if you booked a la carte for the end of the cruise first and then Moderno for embarkation day last then you may end up paying.

The link in my signature, whilst out of date, covers this fairly well.

2 hours ago, roxette said:

I actually just booked two separate dinners at Le Bistro at the same time on the web site. First and final evening. 15 nights, if that matters.

Have you checked they both really went through? Usually when you try to book the same restaurant for the second time all seems to go well and the system even says that the second reservation is added to cart but when you then check out the second reservation never made it there. 

It is a well and widely known fact here at CC that you cannot make more than one reservation per restaurant online so if you indeed were able to successfully make more than one reservation for one restaurant online it would be completely new. Hence check that you truly have all those reservations confirmed. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 1