Wonder of the Seas Cabin Category 4N

FishOn55

For those who have sailed in this Category....the deck plan lists this category as obstructed. Since these oceanview cabins are at the front of the ship on several decks, what is the obstruction?  Also, there is a space between the port side cabin and the first forward facing cabin on the left as well as the same space on the starboard side. Any info as to whether that might be a crew closet or crew door that might make those first and last forward facing cabins loud?  Any photos of this cabin category would be greatly appreciated.

30 minutes ago, FishOn55 said:

For those who have sailed in this Category....the deck plan lists this category as obstructed. Since these oceanview cabins are at the front of the ship on several decks, what is the obstruction?  Also, there is a space between the port side cabin and the first forward facing cabin on the left as well as the same space on the starboard side. Any info as to whether that might be a crew closet or crew door that might make those first and last forward facing cabins loud?  Any photos of this cabin category would be greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.png.4083103abc9b4f090e76f125921d959b.png

3 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

Thank you for the stock photo. Can anyone reply to the question regarding the forward facing cabin obstruction or the question about a possible noise issue  addressed above? 

The photo wasn't posted for the purpose of showing you the cabin.  The purpose was to show the explanation of the "Obstructed View", which was the essence of your question, right.  Apparently, RCCL feels that an "Obstructed View" is a view of the ships structure or lifeboats.  

I'm sorry for trying to help.  Believe me, it won't happen again!

20 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Obstruction is the angle of the windows. They are not vertical so you can't look straight down.

Thanks Jenny.  Since the cabin is forward facing,  your explanation regarding the angle makes sense.

20 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

Obstruction is the angle of the windows. They are not vertical so you can't look straight down.

I’ve enjoyed such windows on other ships and never thought of them as “obstructed.”

At night we had to keep our drapes tightly closed to keep light from our cabin from interfering with the bridge officer’s night vision. 

2 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

Thanks Jenny.  Since the cabin is forward facing,  your explanation regarding the angle makes sense.

Which is part of the Ship's Structure.  SMH

BTW:  "Since these oceanview cabins are at the front (4N cabins face forward and off to the sides, both sides) of the ship on several decks, what is the obstruction?"  The question did not single out the "Forward Facing" cabins.  The only other mentions of the "Forward Facing" cabins that you made were about "spaces", "crew closets", "crew doors", not Obstructions.  

3 hours ago, little britain said:

I’ve had these forward facing cabins twice on Wonder and loved them. Make sure you get the configuration where the bed is next to the bathroom as you will have far more room and not bang your head on the sloped ceiling! 

F89E3EDF-AED4-477A-82B7-A675EC6F7ED3.jpeg

109CD464-120D-49D5-B74E-BFF6B9D17E91.jpeg

FE9740B3-A40C-4DD3-A3E9-891CEF1B5D7F.jpeg

Great pictures.  I really don't see why that type room is considered an obstructed view. Unless it is because of the limited view to the left and right and the bow obstructs the full ocean view.  I don't think you are missing anything up or down.

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, little britain said:

I’ve had these forward facing cabins twice on Wonder and loved them. Make sure you get the configuration where the bed is next to the bathroom as you will have far more room and not bang your head on the sloped ceiling! 

FE9740B3-A40C-4DD3-A3E9-891CEF1B5D7F.jpeg

Wow, interesting photo. Are these one of the two forward facing connecting cabins in 4N? If so, how do they connect in the hallway?

7 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

Wow, interesting photo. Are these one of the two forward facing connecting cabins in 4N? If so, how do they connect in the hallway?

My friend was in the room next door so it’s just taken from the hallway with both doors open.  Not connected. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Great pictures.  I really don't see why that type room is considered an obstructed view. Unless it is because of the limited view to the left and right and the bow obstructs the full ocean view.  I don't think you are missing anything up or down.

Depends partially on which deck you're on. We've had these cabins on Oasis and Harmony, both times on deck 7. On that deck, you are on the same level as the helipad so the closer you are to the centre the more helipad you see and pretty much no ocean at all. The higher you go, the less obstruction. Admittedly, I haven't sailed Wonder so I can't be sure the same applies.

That said, I preferred these cabins to the standard OV on deck 3. To me, the layout made it feel more spacious.

Edited by FionaMG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

View from 11106 and from 9108

74868D51-1467-4CD4-ADD3-E0673EBA1605.jpeg

5B179A90-D302-4B93-9D2B-AD2EBE8172F0.jpeg

Thanks so much for responding. It's always nice to have first hand information on a cabin I am considering. In regard to cabin 9108...by chance did you notice if there is what might be a crew door to a stairway or a steward supply cabinet that would have been between 9108 and 9120 which is the first cabin on the port side? Just wondered if you experienced any noise issues. Thanks again for taking the time to post your information. 

19 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

Thanks so much for responding. It's always nice to have first hand information on a cabin I am considering. In regard to cabin 9108...by chance did you notice if there is what might be a crew door to a stairway or a steward supply cabinet that would have been between 9108 and 9120 which is the first cabin on the port side? Just wondered if you experienced any noise issues. Thanks again for taking the time to post your information. 

No noise, but 9108 was the “wrong way round” imho with the bed by the window so I wouldn’t recommend that configuration! Go for 9106 which is one further along. 

• Thanks 1