Cabo/PV/Mazatlan - Which activity at which port?

claimee

Hello!

My family will be cruising (norwegian) this route for the first time the first week in February.

We are thinking the things we want to do are Whale watching, dolphin swim, and snorkeling.

Any big advantage to one port for one activity over another?
TIA for suggestions!

I agree with Bruce that snorkeling at the 3 cruise ports is not the best. It really can't compete with Hawaii or the Caribbean. So it's OK, but just OK. BUT - if you ever do a land tour to the Los Cabos region,  there is a WORLD CLASS dive and snorkel spot called CABO PULMO. Generally speaking, you are looking at an overnight trip to experience everything Cabo Pulmo can offer.

Agree that Cabo is best for whale watching (my opinion). Not really crazy about the dolphin encounters because we're talking Mexico here. Another option for PV would be the Las Caletas excursion. A little pricy but absolutely outstanding. YouTube has videos. Mazatlan would be good for a beach day at Stone Island (not a true island). Not great, but certainly serviceable. No excursion required for this one.

Edited by SDPadreFan

I've had fantastic snorkeling from both Cabo and PV. And we saw amazing whales on the snorkeling tours. Just did this 2nd week of December.  I can't remember which tour operator we used for Xabo, but used Vallarta Adventures in PV. Awesome experience. Last February I also did the Riviera and we saw more whales on the PV snorkeling than on the whale watch in Cabo. I've cruised the Mexican Riviera 6 times. Enjoyed snorkeling on each cruise.

• Like 2