Question about the Room Service Menu charge

Warm-Water Diver

I haven't ordered anything off room service menus since they went from complimentary to Pay/Extra quite awhile back.

Just wondering how it works out as the menu only states a $9.95 charge will be added to the stateroom account.

So Question. Is it a standard charge and you can get order multiple items (for multiple passengers in stateroom) or do they somehow charge for each entree (expl $9.93 for burger, + $9.95 for personal pizza etc)?

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

The cost is per delivery to the room. Order 2 pizzas, 1 chicken finger and 1 burger...and the cost will be 9.95 total. .....choose to order only 1 chicken finger? ---still only 1 delivery and the cost will also be 9.95. 

Moral of the story- get everyone in your cabin to order at the same time for 1 delivery fee. 

Actually nowadays it is only $4.95 for room service delivery. And yes you can order as much as you want with that one set price. 

Some people are happy, some are not. Because even though $4.95 is lower than the previous $9.95 at the same time as NCL lowered the price for room service delivery NCL removed the free continental room service breakfast completely. So want to have a pot of coffee or tea and croissants in the morning in your cabin? It's $4.95. Want to get pizza, salad, dessert, drinks, whatever to your cabin during the day or in the evening? It's the same $4.95. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jerseygich said:

$4.95 charge is for breakfast only. Still charge $9.95 for other room service orders during the day.

Wow it was reported preliminarily by several CC users that it is $4.95 for all room service orders now when the change was implemented. I guess NCL realized another money making machine and quickly changed it to $9.95 for other times than breakfast...

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

21 minutes ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Wow it was reported preliminarily by several CC users that it is $4.95 for all room service orders now when the change was implemented. I guess NCL realized another money making machine and quickly changed it to $9.95 for other times than breakfast...

A lot of people who haven't been on a cruise for years wanting to sound important.... and not knowing what they are talking about. I think that it is more about having a dedicated galley with a growing dedicated staff to prepare and run food around the ship drove the need to add the breakfast service charge. 

When the change was made to room service fees last year, I posted the following.

Breakfast Delivery $4.95 [New]

image.thumb.jpeg.ca3de097216477ce564f317b9aa723c4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.76a896cb1e8533e6eda6f4fb4e5bff60.jpeg

All Day (After Breakfast) Delivery still $9.95 [Unchanged]

image.thumb.png.595b6d2b59197c5b663cf5906b74c3ad.png

image.thumb.jpeg.f27fc4a7cc6c901cc75e06de1dee558b.jpeg

image.thumb.png.f2e11e203ee073a55f55d3d6556cf066.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

A lot of people who haven't been on a cruise for years wanting to sound important.... and not knowing what they are talking about. I think that it is more about having a dedicated galley with a growing dedicated staff to prepare and run food around the ship drove the need to add the breakfast service charge. 

When the change was made to room service fees last year, I posted the following.

Breakfast Delivery $4.95 [New]

image.thumb.jpeg.ca3de097216477ce564f317b9aa723c4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.76a896cb1e8533e6eda6f4fb4e5bff60.jpeg

All Day (After Breakfast) Delivery still $9.95 [Unchanged]

image.thumb.png.595b6d2b59197c5b663cf5906b74c3ad.png

image.thumb.jpeg.f27fc4a7cc6c901cc75e06de1dee558b.jpeg

image.thumb.png.f2e11e203ee073a55f55d3d6556cf066.png

Is the $9.95 flat or is it $9.95+ 20%?

7 hours ago, asmit4 said:

The cost is per delivery to the room. Order 2 pizzas, 1 chicken finger and 1 burger...and the cost will be 9.95 total. .....choose to order only 1 chicken finger? ---still only 1 delivery and the cost will also be 9.95. 

Moral of the story- get everyone in your cabin to order at the same time for 1 delivery fee. 

Absolutely get your money’s worth. If nothing else, order a full order of chicken fingers, not just one finger 🙂

• Haha 2

On 1/13/2023 at 10:05 AM, New2cruise2022 said:

I do love the overwhelming feeling of convenience. Thank you, NCL  

Looking forward to my first NCL cruise in May, I am glad that there will be so much convenience available! 

• Haha 1