Help! Trying to organize a dinner for 35 on the Oasis

My son is getting married on the Oasis this spring and I wanted to have a rehearsal dinner at a specialty restaurant. I’ve been in touch with the “oasis events” planner via email but she first said they can sweat the group in two sections, 15-30 minutes apart. Now she said it’s actually seating in 3 groups not at the same time. Ugh! Anyone with any ideas or experience with this? The “wedding planner” through the ship is no help and directed me to the “oasis events” planner. The only other option offered is to buy out the entire restaurant for a set time at a much higher cost. 

On Oasis class the standard "stagger" group dining varies by venue but is typically 15-20 guests every 30 minutes so that is likely where they are drawing the two or three seatings for a group size of 35.

To get the whole group at once requires the buyout fee.  That is pretty standard for corporate group bookings which may be where they are drawing the fees for buying out the whole venue from.

Unfortunately accommodating a large group does impact regular cruisers.  I'm not aware of anyway around the fees to secure group space for mass specialty dining bookings.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1555ada7dfad5b11fd3ae70b6007e462.jpeg

• Like 2

I've seen groups in the Windjammer that clearly had some special arrangement beforehand if those prices are more than you want to spend. I know that's not private or really what you are looking for, but perhaps it's an option. Good luck.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

On Oasis class the standard "stagger" group dining varies by venue but is typically 15-20 guests every 30 minutes so that is likely where they are drawing the two or three seatings for a group size of 35.

To get the whole group at once requires the buyout fee.  That is pretty standard for corporate group bookings which may be where they are drawing the fees for buying out the whole venue from.

Unfortunately accommodating a large group does impact regular cruisers.  I'm not aware of anyway around the fees to secure group space for mass specialty dining bookings.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1555ada7dfad5b11fd3ae70b6007e462.jpeg

This is very helpful, thank you!

Not sure if this works for you, but our son married on the Allure the morning of boarding. They allowed the entire wedding party to board ship about 9am. Wedding was set for 10 am with justice being brought on ship. She was a fantastic lady and talked with bride/groom before hand to get a "feel" for the couple so she could personalize ceremony. We had our rehearsal dinner (even tho there was no rehearsing) at a restaurant near the pier the night before boarding. We had a reception after wedding in the room where wedding was staged. They brought in a cake, champagne and some hors d'oeuvres. Then the couple went with the photographer all over the ship for photos. Worked out great for us.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I've seen groups in the Windjammer that clearly had some special arrangement beforehand if those prices are more than you want to spend. I know that's not private or really what you are looking for, but perhaps it's an option. Good luck.

Thank you for your response. Thank you for presenting this as a possible option.  I have no idea what I’ll do.

Just now, mailmama said:

Not sure if this works for you, but our son married on the Allure the morning of boarding. They allowed the entire wedding party to board ship about 9am. Wedding was set for 10 am with justice being brought on ship. She was a fantastic lady and talked with bride/groom before hand to get a "feel" for the couple so she could personalize ceremony. We had our rehearsal dinner (even tho there was no rehearsing) at a restaurant near the pier the night before boarding. We had a reception after wedding in the room where wedding was staged. They brought in a cake, champagne and some hors d'oeuvres. Then the couple went with the photographer all over the ship for photos. Worked out great for us.

Thank you. It sounds like you planned it right! I don’t think that would work for us because the bride and groom have their hearts set on marrying on Coco Cay midway the cruise. The ship is leaving from NJ and most people are driving there in the morning off embarkation. But thanks for sharing your experience. Much appreciated 

Remember that ships don't guarantee hitting any specific port (or even any port at all).  Have a backup plan.  At least with Coco Cay all the guests are on the ship and not trying to meet you on the island.

• Thanks 1