Vaccines and testing now required on some sailings

Markanddonna

On 1/16/2023 at 5:37 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I have to agree.   I think it is just a feel good test for Celebrity.  

I said the same to Iain yesterday with a couple what if scenarios -

1.  What if I took a picture of mine and then air dropped a copy on you phone.  It would still show the original date and time of picture.

2.   What if you didn't actually swab your nose and just put 4 drops of the reagent on the test -  It would of course show negative and the Control line would show up.

BTW - at least on the tests I've use they show the test results for at least 48 hours after you take the test.    When we had Covid and tested for 11 days I noticed the old tests in the garbage can were still showing the results.

Honestly, if they're anything like the old home pregnancy tests (they sure do look like them! in fact I often joke when people post photos of their covid home tests, asking if it's a boy or a girl), then the lines stay for years - is it TMI to divulge that I have saved my home pregnancy tests for my 3 kids, ok, yes, maybe it is!  😂😅

On 1/16/2023 at 5:16 PM, MALLE said:

How long do self test stocks keep the result? And how do they know the picture isn’t someone else’s?

Self-testing is definitely for the optics, shows that the cruise line is "proactive", not much different from an attestation.  

In October we did b2b from Rome to Barcelona and then Barcelona to Cape Liberty. The first leg only required a self test. We actually did those, tested negative, but didn't even have to show the pictures on boarding. However, I tested positive for Covid (and was very ill) on the day before Barcelona. My husband tested negative, so apparently that was enough to satisfy the testing requirement for the Barcelona to Cape Liberty leg of the trip. Long and not very pleasant story about quarantine later, they sent someone up to the cabin on day 5 after testing positive. This person was CLEARLY told to make sure that I didn't test positive again. I cannot be sure that she actually even inserted the test swab in my nose because there was no way she actually got a sample. The same thing happened to my husband who had tested positive on day 4 of my quarantine - same person, same method.

My point is that I believe they are ticking the boxes but don't really want to know.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, lorimay said:

In October we did b2b from Rome to Barcelona and then Barcelona to Cape Liberty. The first leg only required a self test. We actually did those, tested negative, but didn't even have to show the pictures on boarding. However, I tested positive for Covid (and was very ill) on the day before Barcelona. My husband tested negative, so apparently that was enough to satisfy the testing requirement for the Barcelona to Cape Liberty leg of the trip. Long and not very pleasant story about quarantine later, they sent someone up to the cabin on day 5 after testing positive. This person was CLEARLY told to make sure that I didn't test positive again. I cannot be sure that she actually even inserted the test swab in my nose because there was no way she actually got a sample. The same thing happened to my husband who had tested positive on day 4 of my quarantine - same person, same method.

My point is that I believe they are ticking the boxes but don't really want to know.

I am a nurse and that is pretty doggone sad…hope you two recovered well

Edited by Princess_gal
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2023 at 9:14 AM, Markanddonna said:

I just received notice from a person on our sailing's FB page that we are now required to be fully vaccinated and tested for COVID before the sailing. Go to the top of Celebrity's website to find out if your sailing is affected. It appears that all transatlantic and transpacific sailings are among those.

Here's just a screen shot:

Vaccines

In order to sail on a Transatlantic or Transpacific crossing with us, we will require all guests ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated. 

COVID-19 booster vaccine shots are not currently required to sail but are highly recommended to ensure a smoother vacation experience.  

Guests are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or, 2 weeks after a one dose series such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. 

Vaccines approved and accepted by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) will be considered valid. 

Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:

• Pfizer/Cominarty
  • Moderna/Spikevax 
  • Johnson & Johnson/Janssen
  • AstraZeneca/Covishield/Vaxzevria
  • Sinovac/Coronavac
  • Sinopharm/BBIBP-CorV
  • Covaxin
  • Nuvaxovid 

Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) will not be considered fully vaccinated.

Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding. 

Please plan to carry your vaccination documentation with you at all times while in port should local authorities or businesses request it to help facilitate entry and/or experiences.

Testing Requirements

Pre-Arrival Covid-19 Testing

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing.  

Guests must present a negative antigen test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing and no more than 2 days before their sailing.

Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in person, supervised virtually, or unsupervised self-administered. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand.  

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. In addition, a vaccination card must also be presented.  We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.

Additionally, please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. If applicable to your itinerary, you will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure.

walking (going) backward... it's tough, because one might stumble with a worse outcome than this kind of walk itself.

As repeated so many times - "The fear and anticipation of death is worse than death itself."

Voyage, Voyage!

Edited by kirtihk

On 1/14/2023 at 11:54 PM, expattraveler said:

Unfortunately all cruise lines are trying to dance the fine line between government regulations and what revenue passengers are willing to accept.

Unfortunately with the current government policies worldwide, the debit all of the cruise lines are carrying, coupled with the ongoing China COVID situation  (not knowing when the next worldwide shutdowns may happen) I personally wouldn’t commit any deposits for future cruises unless you are not willing and able to forfeit the the total future cruise deposit. 

again, just IMO….

For how many more years?!  Forever?

51 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

For how many more years?!  Forever?

Sitting at home and looking at the gorgeous snow covered mountains, counting the days before I can self-test;  then Celebrity can test me again in Europe after the TA.  All of this makes my vacay so much more memorable, especially in Europe!  Just hope Covid does the same, as I had no symptoms last time, but did have to quarantine with my DH for 5 days.  Celebrity wanted me to test positive, so the gentleman shoved it up my nose so hard that I let out a huge ouchie!  One and done for me on this, I hope!