Question re Brisbane cruise terminal car park?

Just wondering if all of the Brisbane cruise terminal car parking is outdoors? Is any of it sheltered? From what I’m reading there are 3 areas to book parking. Area one (the one closest to the terminal) may have some sheltered parking? But I can’t request it? Anyone have any insight into this? 

Edited by Auscruisefam

12 minutes ago, Auscruisefam said:

Just wondering if all of the Brisbane cruise terminal car parking is outdoors? Is any of it sheltered? From what I’m reading there are 3 areas to book parking. Area one (the one closest to the terminal) may have some sheltered parking? But I can’t request it? Anyone have any insight into this? 

Car park 1 is sheltered and they have so many spots and once they’re full you can park in number 2 or 3 car park……bookings open up 3 months out and if all spots are sold out you have to go else where 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Auscruisefam said:

Most of the P1 parking spots have coverage - a roof structure that holds solar panels. It would protect a vehicle unless the rain was driven at an angle by a strong wind. We have used this area a few times, mainly to protect our car in the event of hail. I don't think that hail is driven in at an angle. In P1 some (may 10% at a guess) of the parking spaces are open air. You don't reserve a particular spot, just take what is available. P1 had the added advantage of being close to the terminal.

If you want to book, do it soon after bookings open. I think this is around 90 days prior to the date. If you are on a seven-day cruise, you are charged for eight days because you are there for (part of) eight days. That is the way of the world!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Most of the P1 parking spots have coverage - a roof structure that holds solar panels. It would protect a vehicle unless the rain was driven at an angle by a strong wind. We have used this area a few times, mainly to protect our car in the event of hail. I don't think that hail is driven in at an angle. In P1 some (may 10% at a guess) of the parking spaces are open air. You don't reserve a particular spot, just take what is available. P1 had the added advantage of being close to the terminal.

If you want to book, do it soon after bookings open. I think this is around 90 days prior to the date. If you are on a seven-day cruise, you are charged for eight days because you are there for (part of) eight days. That is the way of the world!  

Evon I’m doing a 7 night cruise from Brisbane soon and I’m in P2 and only being charged for 7days by the confirmation email

doing another 5 night cruise later on and the email has 4 days 23 hours I’m being charged for and both cruises have the correct arrival and departure dates 

Edited by rkmw

1 minute ago, rkmw said:

Evon I’m doing a 7 night cruise from Brisbane soon and I’m in P2 and only being charged for 7days by the confirmation email

Wow. We were charged for eight days, even though I entered the times as 11.30am for arrival, and 9am for departure a week later.

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Wow. We were charged for eight days, even though I entered the times as 11.30am for arrival, and 9am for departure a week later.

Same for us, eight days, maybe people have complained.

We could only book P3 for our cruise which left Saturday, have previously used P1 and were very happy with how close it was.

P3 seemed a long walk but my daughter dropped the bags and me (another old bag she said) at terminal, parked car walked back, took 10 mins from when she left me, so not far at all.