7 Day Inside Passage - which are formal nights?

sprockie

We have never cruised in Alaska.  I see the port days are lengthy.  Could anyone guess which nights would be formal nights?  Are they the nights we cruise the inside passage going north and returning south to Vancouver?  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

18 minutes ago, Electra 7 said:

Are these nights formal dress I have read that the formal dress code does not apply for Alaska and I have read about orange night how do we find out if there is an orange night onboard 

Last year HAL had two dressy nights per 7 day cruise.  Wear what you wish. The Orange Party will be listed in your Navigator APP's day-by-day listing of events (as will which nights are Casual or Dressy). You could phone Ship Services and ask about both these questions, but they might not know in advance.

Edited by SilvertoGold

18 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

The Orange Party will be listed in your Navigator APP's day-by-day listing of events (as will which nights are Casual or Dressy). 

Does this information appear only when you're onboard? I downloaded the Navigator app and right now it's pretty much useless.

Edited by Colorado Klutch

2 hours ago, Colorado Klutch said:

Does this information appear only when you're onboard? I downloaded the Navigator app and right now it's pretty much useless.

APP will have everything a few days before you sail.  Daily program handed out the night before outlines all this info

On 1/15/2023 at 1:18 PM, sprockie said:

We have never cruised in Alaska.  I see the port days are lengthy.  Could anyone guess which nights would be formal nights?  Are they the nights we cruise the inside passage going north and returning south to Vancouver?  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

My experience R/T Vancouver is that the first Gala Night has been on Day 02 (sea day) and usually Day 05 (Glacier Bay).  Here is a link to my Alaska 2022 cruise daily activities to give you an idea of what to expect and port times:  Alaska 7-Day 2022 Daily Activities

13 hours ago, Crew News said:

My experience R/T Vancouver is that the first Gala Night has been on Day 02 (sea day) and usually Day 05 (Glacier Bay).  Here is a link to my Alaska 2022 cruise daily activities to give you an idea of what to expect and port times:  Alaska 7-Day 2022 Daily Activities

Sweet!  Thank you kindly.