Ariva Deck 16

JenzalCoe

Hi

Has any stayed in the Balcony rooms under the Infinity pool deck 15 at the back of the ship, is this really loud?  Only deck 9 and 15 showing for price I want.  Please advise.  I havent stayed directly under a pool before. 

We stayed in a corner suite on deck 15 over xmas and New Year. You will hear them moving the chairs probably at 7.00am everyday and then putting them away in the evening around 8pm. It certainly did not bother us and to be fair saved us having to set an alarm. No other issues throughout the day. You will not be under the pool although you may be beside it so no fear of getting wet. It is a fantastic position for us just one floor below the bar and easy to take drinks back if you want to spend time on the balcony. One floor below horizon buffett but that was poor unfortunately. Fabulous views and preferable to deck 9 as closer to the noisier deck with hot tubs and bar etc.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:24 PM, JenzalCoe said:

Hi

Has any stayed in the Balcony rooms under the Infinity pool deck 15 at the back of the ship, is this really loud?  Only deck 9 and 15 showing for price I want.  Please advise.  I havent stayed directly under a pool before. 

We initially booked a deck 9 aft cabin on Arvia and after reading comments on CC we moved to deck 11, same cabin. We expect to still have some noise from the bar below but it’s not going to spoil our cruise. 

On 1/18/2023 at 9:34 PM, sandancer said:

We initially booked a deck 9 aft cabin on Arvia and after reading comments on CC we moved to deck 11, same cabin. We expect to still have some noise from the bar below but it’s not going to spoil our cruise. 

We were on deck 11, port side, which got the sun all day as we crossed the Atlantic; hence, the promenade deck was heaving. That said, you could only hear noise, and it wasn't that loud, if you were sat on the balcony. The automatic sliding balcony door, when it closes, pulls back to the frame and creates a soundproof seal. Believe me, you won't hear anything from outside apart from the occasional muffled announcements from the bridge.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:45 PM, Chrisstew007 said:

We stayed in a corner suite on deck 15 over xmas and New Year. You will hear them moving the chairs probably at 7.00am everyday and then putting them away in the evening around 8pm. It certainly did not bother us and to be fair saved us having to set an alarm. No other issues throughout the day. You will not be under the pool although you may be beside it so no fear of getting wet. It is a fantastic position for us just one floor below the bar and easy to take drinks back if you want to spend time on the balcony. One floor below horizon buffett but that was poor unfortunately. Fabulous views and preferable to deck 9 as closer to the noisier deck with hot tubs and bar etc.

Were their any deck parties?  In the Caribbean there are usually quite a few with incumbent noise and chair moving into the night.

Cannot speak for Arvia but there are some cabins on Britannia where the band might as well be in your room.  

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2023 at 2:06 PM, TigerB said:

The Sky Dome on Arvia was always loud at night, but we never heard it from our cabin, which was four decks lower and about eighty feet or so further back; that was even when we were on the balcony.

I was on an inside cabin on 15 deck under the Sky Dome and I can with authority tell you 2 things. 
1. You don’t need to actually go to the Sky Dome to listen to the acts and

2. You don’t need to set an alarm to wake up if you’re happy to wake up when the Sky Dome chairs and sun beds are rearranged every morning!

The worst we had in the 2 weeks was an 04:40 Sky Dome sound check/rehearsal 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️