Feb 2023 Machu Picchu pre cruise tour with Regent

Saleawayuk

Thanks, good to know. We are 25 days away from travelling to Peru on Regent booked flights and I am frustrated that Regent have failed to communicate when they will decide to cancel or go ahead with the pre cruise land tour.  The news from Peru does not sound conducive to an enjoyable stress free  pre cruise tour! 

We are concerned also. Spoke to our TA late-last week. He said most likely Regent will let us know 2-3 weeks in advance. That would be in a few days. Checked FlightAware app and flights from Lima to Cusco are back to normal. No new protests since last Thursday that I could find documented online. Hopefully the path is clear! Our trip is rebook from Jan21…

You are one brave sole if you would even consider a tour to Machu Picchu a month from now. As a general rule of life - if tourists are being evacuated from someplace due to unrest, I don't plan to travel there in the near future.  That said, I'm sure all cruise lines will seriously consider passenger safety (and their liability) when assessing whether to call on Peru in the coming months.  I imagine if they proceed with the port stops/tours it will be safe.

Spoke with TA yesterday about situation. He says Regent working it. Clearly Peru not a safe place to be plus with train tracks damaged there is no option to get to and from MP. Concerned about how Regent gets  us to Santiago. Not many good flights available.