Silver Dawn Cabin 407

JacknShelby

Hi,

Does anyone know of any reviews / photos of the accessible Vista Suite 407 on Dawn?  It is coming up as the only option in that category for a cruise I want to book.  We don't need accessible though so worried being allocated that will be an issue, or someone else who needs it misses out.  Perhaps they bump you to another category if it is needed?  Interested in seeing what it is like.

Thank you

5 minutes ago, JacknShelby said:

Hi,

Does anyone know of any reviews / photos of the accessible Vista Suite 407 on Dawn?  It is coming up as the only option in that category for a cruise I want to book.  We don't need accessible though so worried being allocated that will be an issue, or someone else who needs it misses out.  Perhaps they bump you to another category if it is needed?  Interested in seeing what it is like.

Thank you

Personally, I chose 417 for my  2024 cruise because it is slightly larger. It was explained to me that if someone needs an accessible cabin I would be moved, and it could be an upgrade. I'll wait and see.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Personally, I chose 417 for my  2024 cruise because it is slightly larger. It was explained to me that if someone needs an accessible cabin I would be moved, and it could be an upgrade. I'll wait and see.

Thank you, that's good to know.  I do normally cruise in a balcony suite but I can't afford the extra expense on this cruise line and these Vista suites look really nice, not pokey.

5 hours ago, JacknShelby said:

Thank you, that's good to know.  I do normally cruise in a balcony suite but I can't afford the extra expense on this cruise line and these Vista suites look really nice, not pokey.

Vistas are fine. If you had a GTY there is a very good chance you would have got your balcony wish.

I applaud you for your concern about the accessibility. I find it heart breaking that people will willingly book these cabins if they do not need them when there is a choice. Though they say you will be moved if someone needs the cabin they will rarely do this even when pressured. As someone who can only travel in an accessible cabin I respectively ask that you never book an accessible cabin if you have a choice. 

That being said I had the same cabin on the Moon and it is excellent, there will be no tub. We did not miss the balcony. I plan to post photos soon and will give you a link. 

On 1/25/2023 at 12:28 AM, JSR said:

I applaud you for your concern about the accessibility. I find it heart breaking that people will willingly book these cabins if they do not need them when there is a choice. Though they say you will be moved if someone needs the cabin they will rarely do this even when pressured. As someone who can only travel in an accessible cabin I respectively ask that you never book an accessible cabin if you have a choice. 

That being said I had the same cabin on the Moon and it is excellent, there will be no tub. We did not miss the balcony. I plan to post photos soon and will give you a link. 

On most ships the accessible cabins are not available for anyone to book until close to departure date.  Those needing an accessible cabin therefore ring to book.  That is the right way in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Port Power said:

On most ships the accessible cabins are not available for anyone to book until close to departure date.  Those needing an accessible cabin therefore ring to book.  That is the right way in my opinion.

This is no longer the case. They are all available online all the time. It is both convenient for those like myself who most have one but also leaves it open to abuse. Like many things in life - pros and cons.