Seatac connecting flight

nini

I booked our flights through Princess EZAir with comfortable connecting time. I received notice that the flights had been changed and I would like comments on the time factor.

On June 1, 2023, we fly on flight #1924 from PDX and land at Seatac at 12:30 pm on Skywest DBA Delta Connection and need to get to Virgin Atlantic which departs at 1:45 pm for LHR. We both now have Global Entry. I presume our check on bag will be placed the LHR flight? Research has shown that Virgin Atlantic operates out of the South Gates I am unable to find where Skywest is.

Thanks

2 hours ago, nini said:

I booked our flights through Princess EZAir with comfortable connecting time. I received notice that the flights had been changed and I would like comments on the time factor.

On June 1, 2023, we fly on flight #1924 from PDX and land at Seatac at 12:30 pm on Skywest DBA Delta Connection and need to get to Virgin Atlantic which departs at 1:45 pm for LHR. We both now have Global Entry. I presume our check on bag will be placed the LHR flight? Research has shown that Virgin Atlantic operates out of the South Gates I am unable to find where Skywest is.

Thanks

Skywest in that case would use a Delta gate.  Delta is usually in A.  There is a very quick undergound shuttle train that connects everything.  The bags are checked onwards and you should not have to go through security again.  I would not be worried.

1 hour ago, em-sk said:

Skywest in that case would use a Delta gate.  Delta is usually in A.  There is a very quick undergound shuttle train that connects everything.  The bags are checked onwards and you should not have to go through security again.  I would not be worried.

Thank you for your response. I thought Delta was in the same area, but hopefully it will be fine. This will be our first time using Global Entry. I wish it helped overseas.

The S gates, or South Terminal, is the international terminal at SEA.  Rarely, there are domestic Alaska Airlines flights that will use the South terminal and that is when there is construction that is tying up some of the Alaska gates.

The entry/escalators to get to the underground train that runs to the South terminal is in the "A" concourse. Should be easy to find. I would estimate the time to be less than 10 minutes casually walking.

Edited by klfrodo

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

The S gates, or South Terminal, is the international terminal at SEA.  Rarely, there are domestic Alaska Airlines flights that will use the South terminal and that is when there is construction that is tying up some of the Alaska gates.

The entry/escalators to get to the underground train that runs to the South terminal is in the "A" concourse. Should be easy to find. I would estimate the time to be less than 10 minutes casually walking.

Thank you @klfrodo. And hello neighbor! I was not familiar with the term "Skywest Dba Delta Connection".

Edited by nini
addition

16 hours ago, nini said:

Thank you for your response. I thought Delta was in the same area, but hopefully it will be fine. This will be our first time using Global Entry. I wish it helped overseas.

On the outbound from the US, the only use for Global Entry will be getting TSA Pre-Check at Portland (make sure your reservation has your Trusted Traveler number).  Since the US doesn't have exit border controls your connection in Seattle will be just like a normal domestic connection.

Global Entry will help a lot when arriving in the US from abroad.

5 minutes ago, BOB999 said:

On the outbound from the US, the only use for Global Entry will be getting TSA Pre-Check at Portland (make sure your reservation has your Trusted Traveler number).  Since the US doesn't have exit border controls your connection in Seattle will be just like a normal domestic connection.

Global Entry will help a lot when arriving in the US from abroad.

Yes, thank you. We knew it would at least help to use the benefit of TSA. However, I know that TSA is not guaranteed.

10 hours ago, nini said:

Thank you @klfrodo. And hello neighbor! I was not familiar with the term "Skywest Dba Delta Connection".

It is not uncommon for the airlines to contract out flying to regional airlines especially for routes that use smaller aircraft.  Delta has contracted Skywest to operate that flight for them.  The flight will have a Delta number on it, check in and the gate staff will be Delta.  From a passenger perspective it will be a Delta flight.  However, the aircraft, pilots and flight crew will be skywest employees.

United, American and Alaska also do the same thing. 

2 hours ago, em-sk said:

It is not uncommon for the airlines to contract out flying to regional airlines especially for routes that use smaller aircraft.  Delta has contracted Skywest to operate that flight for them.  The flight will have a Delta number on it, check in and the gate staff will be Delta.  From a passenger perspective it will be a Delta flight.  However, the aircraft, pilots and flight crew will be skywest employees.

United, American and Alaska also do the same thing. 

Thank you. I know about code sharing, but this one threw me a bit.