Cancel and transfer payments to another booking?

JerrySueW

I need to cancel a cruise that is just a few days post-final payment, so should get everything back other than the deposit. I paid mostly with gifts cards, so would like to have Princess transfer all the payments from this booking to another existing booking rather than have all those cards refunded. Have any of you been in this situation and if so, how did it work out?

I cancelled and rebooked yesterday - same cruise, same cabin, but I wanted to take advantage of a big price drop for 2023 cruise packages and couldn't with my June 2022 booked cruise.  They transferred my deposit and the money I had pre-paid for gratuities and wifi over to my new booking with no drama - it was literally transferred while I was on the phone.  They cancelled my shore excursions and Enclave bookings, because they exist on a different portfolio which the booking department can not access.  Those funds will show up on my credit card in the next day or so, at which point I will go in and rebook everything. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

I cancelled and rebooked yesterday - same cruise, same cabin, but I wanted to take advantage of a big price drop for 2023 cruise packages and couldn't with my June 2022 booked cruise.  They transferred my deposit and the money I had pre-paid for gratuities and wifi over to my new booking with no drama - it was literally transferred while I was on the phone.  They cancelled my shore excursions and Enclave bookings, because they exist on a different portfolio which the booking department can not access.  Those funds will show up on my credit card in the next day or so, at which point I will go in and rebook everything. 

Is your cruise past final payment date?

Which is the OP’s situation🤔

Edited by that

37 minutes ago, that said:

Is your cruise past final payment date?

Which is the OP’s situation🤔

No, sorry, I overlooked that sentence.  Sorry.  My cruise was still within the period where I had no cancellation penalties.   I am not sure if that makes a difference to the transfer question.