Car Seats

Kim L

I can only speak for myself but yes, you will have to find a place to tuck them away in your stateroom. We were lucky, when we travelled with a car seat with my little one, my dad had a larger stateroom and he kept the seat for us. to be honest though, except for using it for travel to and from in the States, we hardly used it. My son will be 9 for our next cruise and I don't think we'll even bother with a booster

20 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

if your kids are old enough for  a bubblebum car seat, you might want to consider that for travel.

We travelled with 2 bubblebum car seats in 2019 and one in 2022 and the girls just clipped it to their backpacks travelling through the airport and boarding the cruise. They are fabulous and cushy so no sore bums for all the driving around france we did for a week!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sailing12Away said:

Ok, guess I'll be the stupid one to ask..... why not leave them in your car?

If you're doing private excursions that will require a car ride you can check with the tour operator to see if they can provide some.

maybe they are flying to board the ship? travelling on the plane with the car seats?

Yes we would be flying to Miami. So would need the carseats for when we get to Miami, as we fly in 1 or 2 days before the cruise. We would need them for the Uber to hotel and then to port and then to airport. 

10 minutes ago, Kim L said:

Yes we would be flying to Miami. So would need the carseats for when we get to Miami, as we fly in 1 or 2 days before the cruise. We would need them for the Uber to hotel and then to port and then to airport. 

I'd suggest using transfers or hotel shuttles instead of hauling them along. That's a lot of work for a few 10 minute rides.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:46 PM, Kim L said:

We have done this before and our car seat fit fine in the closet in our cabin. Depending on the kids ages/sizes, I recommend small/lightweight seats for travel like the Cosco Scenera Next, Cosco Finale, or Evenflo Maestro. You should be able to stack 2 of those so they don't take up twice as much space to store.