Carnival Venezia August 31st - September 8, 2023 Roll Call!

2 hours ago, Feistyangel20 said:

Ugh, I am a bit nervous as now it is two storms that are circulating.  Do you think we will have any change in ports?  I am most nervous about possible rough seas. I get pretty sick and taking my 3 year old on her first cruise who also suffers from motion sickness.  I have bands and dramamine and ear patches .... crossing my fingers that we miss them! 

I'm watching as well. I generally don't get sick however I'm taking extra meds just in case.

Have had rough seas in the Pacific a few time with storms never had to change ports though. Cruise now had to change ports but still in the Caribbean. It looks like we will either go through some high seas and still do our itinerary or go around the bad weather and maybe miss a port and or sea day.

Just hope for the best I figure the line will do what is best for everybody including themselves.

A lot can happen in three days 😁 .

Have a day, Laura

Finally one more day, this time tomorrow we will be sailing. Today went well train arrived on time 10:50 grabbed a taxi and was at the hotel by 11:15. We left the bags and headed out. Got notice room was ready by three but didn't come back for a while. Had a nice late lunch early dinner at Landmark Tavern. We were starved walk 3.35 miles and didn't eat breakfast just a quick bagel at 6:30.

Well hope everybody gets here safely we are in for the night just going to veg. 

Have a good night, Laura

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 9:02 PM, latebloomer56 said:

Anybody from our roll call come home with covid?

Wife has an upper respiratory infection and hacking away, negative twice for covid so far.

Another in our group got sick over the weekend and tested positive.

And I'll say it,

I have two 11 day cruises booked on her for May & September

2024, I will go on the May cruise but if it is like this past cruise, I will cancel the September cruise and not sail from New York again.

Luckily we had the Terraza area so we had minimal time out in general population.

• Like 1

Not COVID (negative), but a sinus infection. Not fun! Sore throat started Friday morning, full blown infection didn’t hit until Sunday afternoon. 

Think I probably lost weight on board, I’ve never eaten so little over the course of a week. I’m going to seriously reconsider any future cruises (none planned, but was looking at planning another). 

On 9/12/2023 at 11:05 AM, omalley16 said:

Not COVID (negative), but a sinus infection. Not fun! Sore throat started Friday morning, full blown infection didn’t hit until Sunday afternoon. 

Think I probably lost weight on board, I’ve never eaten so little over the course of a week. I’m going to seriously reconsider any future cruises (none planned, but was looking at planning another). 

I wasn't happy with the food either but I died gain 4 pounds, turned out to be fluid 😁. Don't plan to sail out of NY on Carnival again though. Sailed from this same pier on NCL and boarding was nothing like the mess we dealt with for this cruise.

• Host Kat changed the title to Carnival Venezia August 31st - September 8, 2023 Roll Call!