ECV Parking?

katmigordon

My wife and I will be sharing an accessible room which will obviously have room for 1 ECV to park, but we'll need two scooters one for each of us which will make navigating the room difficult.   DCL has a parking place for all the strollers, scooters and such for those who need them but are not in accessible rooms.  Does anyone know if Celebrity has the same kind of set up?  Specifically the S class ships?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Have you discovered cruisedeckplans.com yet?  It is a website where the webmaster encourages members to submit pictures of the ships, and particularly of their cabins.  Ordinarily it requires a paid membership to view the pictures, but he makes an exception for HC cabins.  Membership is inexpensive and can be made back by submitting pictures, as he pays $.50 each for cabins and $.25 for other pics of the ship.

On the website, choose your cruise line, then your ship, or in the case of celebrity, any of the S class ships.  On the left, scroll down the cabin categories.  In most there will be a place to click for a list of HC cabins.  If there are pictures of a cabin, there will be a very tiny camera icon.  Print is tiny, too.  Click on that icon and you can see interior pics of the cabin.  I chose Eclipse, as it was the first on the list, and looked at pics of inside, OV, and balcony cabins.  All showed ample space for two scooters.  EM

30 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Have you discovered cruisedeckplans.com yet?  It is a website where the webmaster encourages members to submit pictures of the ships, and particularly of their cabins.  Ordinarily it requires a paid membership to view the pictures, but he makes an exception for HC cabins.  Membership is inexpensive and can be made back by submitting pictures, as he pays $.50 each for cabins and $.25 for other pics of the ship.

On the website, choose your cruise line, then your ship, or in the case of celebrity, any of the S class ships.  On the left, scroll down the cabin categories.  In most there will be a place to click for a list of HC cabins.  If there are pictures of a cabin, there will be a very tiny camera icon.  Print is tiny, too.  Click on that icon and you can see interior pics of the cabin.  I chose Eclipse, as it was the first on the list, and looked at pics of inside, OV, and balcony cabins.  All showed ample space for two scooters.  EM

I've looked at Youtube to see tours of the rooms and they seem like while they could hold two scooters - there wouldn't be room for us to then move around the cabin with both of them in there.

12 hours ago, katmigordon said:

My wife and I will be sharing an accessible room which will obviously have room for 1 ECV to park, but we'll need two scooters one for each of us which will make navigating the room difficult.   DCL has a parking place for all the strollers, scooters and such for those who need them but are not in accessible rooms.  Does anyone know if Celebrity has the same kind of set up?  Specifically the S class ships?

Have you considered booking a suite?   We have been in accessible Sky Suites on the Equinox, Silhouette, Eclipse and Reflection and you would definitely have enough room.    

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

The rooms I looked at on Eclipse looked like there was adequate space to move around, would be tightest in the inside cabin.  EM

I didn't want to bring this up because of the judgment it brings with it, especially when connected with mobility issues, but  do you think it would be enough room even with two women of extremally large size?  I'm in 4x she's in 5.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

Have you considered booking a suite?   We have been in accessible Sky Suites on the Equinox, Silhouette, Eclipse and Reflection and you would definitely have enough room.    

We're booked into sky suites, so it's starting to sound like we'll be fine.  Thank you!