Changes to itinerary...... Diamond Princess 1/29 ?

Cruisin Camper

9 minutes ago, Cruisin Camper said:

Our Journey.View in the Medallion app has changed - basically now in reverse order - but no notice from Princess?  Is this common to make changes in the app with no notice to guests?

Definitely would not rely on the App journey view.  It may have loaded incorrectly.

Look on the website, travel summary or itinerary on your booking.

Yes, the do notify you for schedule changes by email through your TA, if you have one. 

37 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Have you checked your itinerary on the Princess website to see if’s changed there as well?  When you go online to Manage My Cruise, check your excursions. The app is notoriously inaccurate at times..

Thanks so much.  It changed overnight for other folks on our cruise as well.  I will check it on the website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruisin Camper said:

Checked Princess website.... itinerary has been reversed and days/time in port changed as well.  So glad my excursions are with Princess so I don't have to scramble to make changes.

Wow!  That’s amazing, it’s reversed.

They didn’t notify you?  They normally would notify your TA/CVP and they pass it on to you.  Of course, this is a weekend.

We’ve had many port changes, ship changes, etc.  Would be hard on a port intensive trip to rebook every tour. 😳

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Wow!  That’s amazing, it’s reversed.

They didn’t notify you?  They normally would notify your TA/CVP and they pass it on to you.  Of course, this is a weekend.

We’ve had many port changes, ship changes, etc.  Would be hard on a port intensive trip to rebook every tour. 😳

No email notification.  I supposedly have a cvp, but she never returns calls.  So we are basically on our own.  We have done more than 15 cruises on various lines and this is the first time things have been modified as far as itinerary goes.  We go with the flow, we are just looking forward to relaxing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruisin Camper said:

No email notification.  I supposedly have a cvp, but she never returns calls.  So we are basically on our own.  We have done more than 15 cruises on various lines and this is the first time things have been modified as far as itinerary goes.  We go with the flow, we are just looking forward to relaxing.

Have a great time!  Change your CVP next cruise. 🙃

• Like 2

Thank you for the heads up. I guess they’ll redo the time for whale watching once we’re there since original time was 9 AM. Hope the rain holds out in San Diego for a terrific Sail Away. A rainy day on vacation is better than any day at work 😉! See you onboard 🚢

• Like 2

I was on the Jan 22 to 29th  Diamond Princess to Sea of Cortez. I got sick on Thurs the 26th the afternoon we were in La Paz . I have had a terrible case of Covid since then. . I am not sure if its being covered up. But I am not finding any info at all. I don't blame Princess but if they are covering it up that is wrong.

Cabo can only anchor 3 ships (I think).  That may have been the reason to rearrange the itinerary.  I'm not sure why they didn't know that ahead of time.  Seems strange.

@dbcruise. A little more information may help everyone. You boarded the ship on Jan 22 and got covid on Jan 26.  4 days.  This variant is very contagious and incubation time is much shorter.  

Did you fly to the ship?  Were there any port calls between San Diego and La Paz?  Were you/others masked?  Vaccinated?  (Self) tested before getting on the ship?  Did you notice a lot of "sick" symptoms on the ship?  Did Princess test you?  Isolate/quarantine/move your cabin?

There are so many variables.  I am sorry you got covid on your cruise.  Covid is still around and will be for a long time.  I hope you are recovering.