JOY Disembarkation in San Pedro Berth 50

Kruisn'Kay

According to the World Cruise Center schedule, we are disembarking at berth 50 in San Pedro. I have cruised out of San Pedro many times, but never berth 50. What is the process for getting off the ship? Do they shuttle you to berth 92/93? Can I carry off my own luggage? For those of you that have disembarked out of B50 or 46 recently, how long did it take you to get off the ship?

Thank you in advance!

28 minutes ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

According to the World Cruise Center schedule, we are disembarking at berth 50 in San Pedro. I have cruised out of San Pedro many times, but never berth 50. What is the process for getting off the ship? Do they shuttle you to berth 92/93? Can I carry off my own luggage? For those of you that have disembarked out of B50 or 46 recently, how long did it take you to get off the ship?

Thank you in advance!

So we just got off the Bliss a few days ago and we disembarked at one of the farther berths (B50). We actually self disembarked and carried our own luggage  but for others, they had shuttles running but it seemed pretty crowded. We actually walked to the tent area where they had all the luggage (instead of a shuttle) since that was also where the ride share area was. The walk wasn't too bad with 3 carry on rollers and a child in tow.

Is your car at Berth 92/93? I believe they would also have shuttles there but ride shares, taxis and cabs were at the next few berths over (I think 46?).

There are a couple threads on recent experiences with this situation.  If you use the search box and enter 'berth 50', 'berth 46', 'b50', 'b46' you should find them and be able to read about those experiences.  You could also use the drop-down at the top of the thread list and select to look at threads mentioning the Joy or Bliss and you should find them that way as well..

• Like 1

We boarded the Bliss on 1/22 at Berth 91. We disembarked at Berth 50. On embarkation day they had us park at Berth 46. We walked off with our luggage (didn’t put it out the night before) at 6:30 AM. They did facial scan (no documents needed to be presented unless you had birth certificate instead of passports) on the ship. We walked off the gangway and straight to our car. We were among the first 100 of the ship and among the first 10 in their cars and on the way. We left the port area about 6:50. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

So we just got off the Bliss a few days ago and we disembarked at one of the farther berths (B50). We actually self disembarked and carried our own luggage  but for others, they had shuttles running but it seemed pretty crowded. We actually walked to the tent area where they had all the luggage (instead of a shuttle) since that was also where the ride share area was. The walk wasn't too bad with 3 carry on rollers and a child in tow.

Is your car at Berth 92/93? I believe they would also have shuttles there but ride shares, taxis and cabs were at the next few berths over (I think 46?).

We are going to take an uber to Long Beach airport. That’s good to know that the pick up is close. I thought that we were going to have to go back to B91/92 for the taxi line.

I appreciate your thoughtful response. I am traveling with elderly family members, so I am trying to prep them on what will happen because they are not able to walk far or stand for long.

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

We boarded the Bliss on 1/22 at Berth 91. We disembarked at Berth 50. On embarkation day they had us park at Berth 46. We walked off with our luggage (didn’t put it out the night before) at 6:30 AM. They did facial scan (no documents needed to be presented unless you had birth certificate instead of passports) on the ship. We walked off the gangway and straight to our car. We were among the first 100 of the ship and among the first 10 in their cars and on the way. We left the port area about 6:50. 

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Thank you for your thoughtful response! I am so happy to hear that disembarking at B50 is pretty much the same process at B91. From everything I have read, it sounded like shuttles were involved in the process. 

2 hours ago, hallux said:

There are a couple threads on recent experiences with this situation.  If you use the search box and enter 'berth 50', 'berth 46', 'b50', 'b46' you should find them and be able to read about those experiences.  You could also use the drop-down at the top of the thread list and select to look at threads mentioning the Joy or Bliss and you should find them that way as well..

Thank you for your help!

27 minutes ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

Thank you for your thoughtful response! I am so happy to hear that disembarking at B50 is pretty much the same process at B91. From everything I have read, it sounded like shuttles were involved in the process. 

We drove and parked, and walked off with our baggage. For those that were collecting baggage, shuttles were available to take people to the baggage tent. 

4 hours ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

We are going to take an uber to Long Beach airport. That’s good to know that the pick up is close. I thought that we were going to have to go back to B91/92 for the taxi line.

I appreciate your thoughtful response. I am traveling with elderly family members, so I am trying to prep them on what will happen because they are not able to walk far or stand for long.

Just FYI (I wrote this in my recent cruise review): it depends if you get off early or late but expect immense surge pricing for ride shares as many other passengers will be requesting an uber/lyft ride (not to mention longer wait times).

What we did is take the shuttle back to the hotel we stayed at the first night (Crowne Plaza), wait a bit, then request Lyft from there. Price went from $80 to $25 to Long beach airport.  Not sure if you have the flexibility to do so.

Edited by SuzieQ521
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 6:26 PM, New2cruise2022 said:

We drove and parked, and walked off with our baggage. For those that were collecting baggage, shuttles were available to take people to the baggage tent. 

Thank you! I am trying to avoid the shuttle!